new to everything!

mischief

hi everyone i have been wanting to get into cars for 2 years now and i think its finally time. ever since i got my license a whole 2 years ago...(only 18 i know...) i've wanted to have a fast(er) car. i did not trust myself at first to have a faster car so i decided to wait until my second car. well its to that point where i finally want to get a new car and start getting into it.

im not sure if you have to have a fast car to be part of these forums...or if you can just be an enthusiast like me. you may like me or you may not but thanks for at least reading my introduction and hopefully i can sell my car soon enough to get into this scene!

thanks, Josh

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just post up pics anyway or you will get bad rep. Not everyone on here has fast cars. Also, what kind of car are you looking into getting. You might want to add shit like that, so you can get people's opinions/experiences on the cars. Since there are a lot of people on here, at least one person has/had the car you are wanting to get.

Just don't say you want to get a mustang.

even though its only a slow cavalier it still looks nice :)

No it doesn't. Though post pics anyway ...

Good luck with finding a fun car though. I recommend an Fbody if you're looking for cheap straight line speed. (I don't know your budget)

Good intro. Still need pics before I can rep you.

BTW, you might even decide to keep the Cavvy. With the money a new car would cost, you can drop in a bigger motor and some suspension work, and have a little monster. And it'll get you valuable experience working on a "faster car".

Oh, and I'm also proof that you don't have to have a "faster" car to be here, although I am definitely faster than stock, at least. VVV

Good intro. Still need pics before I can rep you.

BTW, you might even decide to keep the Cavvy. With the money a new car would cost, you can drop in a bigger motor and some suspension work, and have a little monster. And it'll get you valuable experience working on a "faster car".

This is good advice man, the cavy is not my cup of tea, but anything is possible with money and hard work, Just start with performance and suspension in mind, please do not rice out another cavy, their was a guy on here with a nice turbo white cavy think it was a gt30 or gt35r set up and was well done, he would be able to help you out a ton, from all his past mistakes and all the things he learned about the car.

This is good advice man, the cavy is not my cup of tea, but anything is possible with money and hard work, Just start with performance and suspension in mind, please do not rice out another cavy, their was a guy on here with a nice turbo white cavy think it was a gt30 or gt35r set up and was well done, he would be able to help you out a ton, from all his past mistakes and all the things he learned about the car.

Or you could be like a kid in my neighborhood, he has a cavy. Wicked blue and purple vinyls (looks like they're tearing through the paint ... through ... the ... paint !!!), massive wing on the back, chrome "rimzzzz" and best of all ... the fake 3m tape-on hood scoop w/ fake grill. SEKSEE !!!

Definitely skip the rice, but x2 on the L67. It's about the biggest motor you can fit in the Cavvy, packs a shit-ton of torque for a V6, and they're an easy motor to work on.

Shit, think about dropping my motor, which hauls 4200lbs of car and driver down the track in the low 14s, into your Cavvy, which weighs, what, 2600-ish?

Not fun? Dude, it is all about personal preference. Yeah, if you want the ultimate in performance, you have to go RWD, but if you just want to have fun at the track, FWD, RWD, AWD, whatever, it just comes down to what you like. Personally, my big FWD may not be the fastest, but it is a blast to drive.

Yea there's a guy who has a greeen cavi witha 3800swap thing had torqueeeee but I still won woooo

There is a white cavi witha 30r I belive on it.... but haven't heard much of eathier of them since the beginning of the season

You'd be surprised what you could do with a Cavalier, especially if it's newer with an ecotech. However, I like to start a little further ahead, that's why i have a F-body. Post a few pics and come out and meet some of us in person, welcome young one.