Needs Ideas for a car for a Viper Drivetrain

DTM Brian

Discuss.

Customer is considering the purchase of a late model viper drivetrain with supercharger. What would be a cool car to put it in? Obviously a custom hood will need to be made due to the length of engine. I was thinking either an import or a mid 80 RWD GM platform.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing that's been mentioned here because you saw it somewhere else. I mean, you might as well make it unique.

I, of course, have to recommend the MKIII Supra. I prefer 89-92. Engine bay should be plenty long enough since it comes with an inline 6 and frontmount with plenty of xtra space leftover.

If not, I would go with something completely sleeper; performance wise. Does this gentleman want something that still looks good for the ladies ;) and cruising? That makes a big difference.

How much custom work do you want to involve? Get a hatch or small wagon and make it mid engine, rear wheel. :D

Also, is there an all wheel drive Daimler Chrysler drivetrain (built or not) you can combine it with that will handle the power?

Datsun Z.

+1

there's a shop right by one of the hospitals i work at here in tampa with at least 15 of these cars sitting outside--its a nissan specialty shop. i'm seriously considering getting one of these next summer on my way out of tampa, for an LSX swap.