Needs Ideas for a car for a Viper Drivetrain

DTM Brian

Guest tbutera2112
FC/FD Rx7- plenty around with no engine and a fun platform with a huge transmission tunnel/engine bay... also kits to put 8.8 cobra IRS in.

Porsche 928 would be nice as well that engine bay is fricking huge and especially if he got rid of the popups and they are dirt cheap as well for what they are... depreciation is a bitch. Great handling cars.

If money were no object I would see about putting it in a latemodel SL500 (big hood but a lot of !@#% stuffed in there already)- those are the best looking lines on a car period and can you say hardtop convertible- they probably are too heavy to handle/brake like the previous cars but damn would it look good- I was going to get one instead of my car but they are not very reliable and not really fast unless you can spring for amg sl55 and even then not that fast- I wasted one with my 5.0 mustang.

rx7s are played out...theyre popping up everywhere, ide love to see something different for a change... and doesnt doc have an SL500? if 11s are slow to you then damn i wish i had the 302 outta your stang in my car

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rx7s are played out...theyre popping up everywhere, ide love to see something different for a change... and doesnt doc have an SL500? if 11s are slow to you then damn i wish i had the 302 outta your stang in my car

There is a reason they are popping up everywhere its a proven platform.

You could have had a chance to buy the whole car cheaply... I relatively gave it away for what I had in it.

Dunno who doc is but if he has an sl500 props to him- awesome cars.

Guest tbutera2112
There is a reason they are popping up everywhere its a proven platform.

You could have had a chance to buy the whole car cheaply... I relatively gave it away for what I had in it.

Dunno who doc is but if he has an sl500 props to him- awesome cars.

oh im not saying theyre not awesome cars, just that it would be cool to see something different for a change...i still think he should drop the drivetrain into a 41 dodge pickup but thats just me.... and yea docs car is badass...im gonna steal it from him...he just doesnt know that so shhh :ninja:

it would be cool to see something different for a change...

This guy is funny. Something different, like a Mustang GT?

I like the hearse, I wanted to do a 5.9L Cimmins Diesel in one. Allthough it seems as though most chicks don't dig hearses. Go figure.

This guy is funny. Something different, like a Mustang GT?

I like the hearse, I wanted to do a 5.9L Cimmins Diesel in one. Allthough it seems as though most chicks don't dig hearses. Go figure.

dont know why, theres plenty of room in the back to get thier engine going as well ;)

Man some of these, there is just no way a V10 will fit. Its not really the length, it's the width of the damn thing. It's a pretty substantial motor. A Saturn redline would be cool if a 4 cylinder didn't just fit in it.

I mean I could have said MR2, but I feel like there is a little bit if seriousness from Brian.

Man some of these, there is just no way a V10 will fit. Its not really the length, it's the width of the damn thing. It's a pretty substantial motor. A Saturn redline would be cool if a 4 cylinder didn't just fit in it.

I mean I could have said MR2, but I feel like there is a little bit if seriousness from Brian.

I am not disagreeing that the V10 is not too wide, but Mallett got something a little bigger than a 4 banger into their Sky and Solstice...I love the looks of each when I know there's an LSX under the hood. :D

http://www.mallettcars.com/sky-conversion.htm sweet setup IMHO

Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe/Turbocoupe

90's volvo sedan/wagon

2dr Dodge Ram full size SUV thing

+1 on the Thunderbird :bangbang:

This car should have enough room to squeeze it in.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/SHOtyme24v/TBirdSC010.jpg