Computer people - I need help

ancientmysts

Just go to http://www.pricewatch.com Click motherboards and search for your cpu type ( E4300 Core Duo). Find a motherboard that will support the speed of your CPU or faster (for later upgrades if any). Also check to see that it will support the RAM you already have. Also make sure it will support your video card. Finally check to see who makes the chipset. Most people say VIA is ok but I have had nothing but bad experiences with anything made by VIA.

If you want my opinion buy Intel. Stay away from anything else. DO NOT BUY a cheap motherboard. The motherboard should be one of the more expensive parts in your computer.

I hope this helps. Also reading wikipedia article on your CPU model number may help you out.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2

"The Core 2 Duo E4300[17] uses an Allendale core, released on January 21, 2007. The Allendale processors use a smaller mask with only 2 MB of cache, thereby increasing the number of chips per wafer. Allendale processors are produced in the LGA775 form factor, on the 65 nm process node."

Conroe, Conroe XE and Allendale all use Socket LGA775; however, not every motherboard is compatible with these processors.

Supporting chipsets are:

Intel: 865PE/G/GV/G, 945P/PL/G/GZ/GC, 965P/G, 975X, P/G/Q965, Q963, 946GZ/PL, P3x, G3x, Q3x, X38, X48, P4x , 5400 Express

Does that mean that the nVidia board I posted in the first post would be compatible? I've always liked nVidia, even after hearing about the legal problems they're having, they still make damn good components. Like I've been saying, all the motherboard/chipset stuff is a foreign language to me.

I've already compaired my front side bus, memory, and other things to that board and they all look right, at least to me.