Wind...

2 Sweet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. It's the worst I've ever seen.

-our roof is missing a crapload of shingles

-Neighbor has lost 3 trees

-other neighbor lost his gazeebo

-wind is opening cabinets in our house. Broke one cabinet door

-half of the surrounding corn fields are floating around in the air.

-it's hard to even see outside because so much dirt and dust has been stirred up.

tree fell on the powerlines in the front of my property. They are replaceing a pole and the lines now. There are alot of big tree's near my shop so I moved the TA over to the garage at the house, much safer. On another note there was a turkey in my back yard yesterday.

tree fell on the powerlines in the front of my property. They are replaceing a pole and the lines now. There are alot of big tree's near my shop so I moved the TA over to the garage at the house, much safer. On another note there was a turkey in my back yard yesterday.

Did it taste good? :)

Winds strong here, but I wonder if it's not helping being in a valley (Delaware). We lost a couple small pieces of siding near the attic vent. Not sure on the shingles, but from what I could see, we're fine. 90% of the homes on my block will need some amount of reshingling. Next door neighbors lost their flag pole, too.

My best friend, Norm, lives in Houston. He needs some roofing and a new backyard fence, but other than that, not too bad where he lives.

All my neighbor's lost a ton of shingles trees and siding. My house was untouched. New roof FTW. I did lose half a tree, so i get to fire up the chain saw though! My work currently has no power and hopefully won't tommorrow so i won't have to go in.

we made it through fairly well. I guess it paid to have our trees thined and trimmed every year like we've been doing. our main crimson maple in the center of our front lost one small branch. otherwise, the wind tried, but went right through her.

same with our pear trees. everyone always loses pear trees, but ours made it through yet again. one small 8' long branch that likely was a victim of numerous garbage truck visits came down, but thankfully in the street:

other than the 1,000 pounds of leaves and small pine branches in the back yard, we're good :) trees out back are thinned of needles now :rolleyes: