Ike Pics

Conesmasher

I know it's a fuck up situation and I feel bad for the people that lost everything, but pictures like that are unreal. Mother nature can do some crazy things. I thought the one of the football field was... cool?

No, I totally agree. The pictures were amazing to look at even though they were of destruction because they are not of something you see every day.

That is insane. The thing that caught my eye was the caskets coming up from the grave yard. Disgusting.

I was looking at that too. I was wondering if they were even under ground. look at the grass it looks to still be in tact.

anyways, good link.

+rep for a good find.

• Upvote 1

I was looking at that too. I was wondering if they were even under ground. look at the grass it looks to still be in tact.

anyways, good link.

+rep for a good find.

It's pretty common down there for the burial site to have a concrete liner placed in the ground with a concrete lid sealed on top of the casket, then a big hunk of decorative concrete, granite, whatever placed over top of that. I've got family buried in Southwest Oklahoma, and all of the graves are like that. The top stone is visible, and a lot of them have the headstone info integerated with the lid.

Who built this damn house? :eek:

http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/ike_09_15/ike11.jpg

I thought the same thing. Though, I suppose it could have floated.

My dad's got pictures from New Orleans when he was down there for clean-up, of all kinds of destruction. He's got pictures of one house that litterally was picked up, and floated overtop of two other houses, before being sat back down. He said you could see the original foundation with no house on it, then you walked between these two houses and there was a fully (mostly) intact home just sitting in the middle of the road.

Mother Nature can kick our ass at whim. Like others have said, it sure is humbling. Puts the human race into check every so often.

It's pretty common down there for the burial site to have a concrete liner placed in the ground with a concrete lid sealed on top of the casket, then a big hunk of decorative concrete, granite, whatever placed over top of that. I've got family buried in Southwest Oklahoma, and all of the graves are like that. The top stone is visible, and a lot of them have the headstone info integerated with the lid.

thanks, thought there was something a little bit differant going on there.