looking for outdoor shooting range

supldys

Pistols and rifles, don't really care about distance at this point, getting the wife into shooting the little .22's that are in the closet

I know the nearby indoor ones, but I can't remember where the outdoor ones are that I went to as a kid.

any ideas?

Delaware shooting range. Straight up 23, turn right at the light before Marion (can't remember the name of the road). There is a sign for a gun shop on the left so basically turn there. :)

-Marc

That's right at the Delaware/Marion County line, and it's SR 229. Parts of it are currently closed because of trees down, but it might be open to the public shooting range, which is only about 2-3 miles from Route 23.

Which one has a 100yd range? I need to get my shotgun sited in. Was doing it at New Albany gun range, but since it's only 25 yards, I can't get the gun how I want it.

Anybody intersted in going with me sometime. I wouldn't mind getting help doing it, as shooting slugs sucks ass after about the 4th one. :)

Gun crew getting together anytime soon?

Which one has a 100yd range? I need to get my shotgun sited in. Was doing it at New Albany gun range, but since it's only 25 yards, I can't get the gun how I want it.

Anybody intersted in going with me sometime. I wouldn't mind getting help doing it, as shooting slugs sucks ass after about the 4th one. :)

Gun crew getting together anytime soon?

If Gun crew gets together, I've got a LeadSled DFT I can bring along to make sighting in your slug gun a breeze.

Also, if you look up the ballistics of your slug, you can roughly sight in the gun at a shorter range, though a longer range would be prefered.

Example:

I shoot Hornady SST sabot slugs in my Mossy 500. The balistics on the box are:

50yd = +2.4"

100yd = +2.7"

150yd = 0.0"

200yd = -6.7"

So, if I wanted a 150yd zero, and all I had available was a 50yd. range, then I would sight it in for about 2.5" high at 50yd., and I'd roughly have my 150yd. zero. It's not ideal, but it'd get you close.

Now, what my 25yd. zero is, I don't know exactly, but I can almost garauntee that it's online somewhere, or if I was really ambitious (I'm not), I could run the numbers through a ballistics calculator.

:bangbang:

If Gun crew gets together, I've got a LeadSled DFT I can bring along to make sighting in your slug gun a breeze.

Also, if you look up the ballistics of your slug, you can roughly sight in the gun at a shorter range, though a longer range would be prefered.

Example:

I shoot Hornady SST sabot slugs in my Mossy 500. The balistics on the box are:

50yd = +2.4"

100yd = +2.7"

150yd = 0.0"

200yd = -6.7"

So, if I wanted a 150yd zero, and all I had available was a 50yd. range, then I would sight it in for about 2.5" high at 50yd., and I'd roughly have my 150yd. zero. It's not ideal, but it'd get you close.

Now, what my 25yd. zero is, I don't know exactly, but I can almost garauntee that it's online somewhere, or if I was really ambitious (I'm not), I could run the numbers through a ballistics calculator.

:bangbang:

I'm also running the Hornaday SST's through a SBEii. If you want to get together sometime, I'd appreciate it. Last season I got my gun only a few days before deer season started and never got the scope zero'd in and had to use iron sites, then when I went to get it dialed in, the scope kept having problems. (i.e. coming loose a few times, pushing the scope backwards etc..) I've since gotten a new scope and it's been pretty rock solid, but I still need to get it on. When I do it myself, I can't even manage to get it on at 25 yards, because I'm not use to shooting a shotgun and end up jumping after the 4th shot or so.. I'm a slug gun rookie! lol

Jason

LPS - ive got a bore sighter here if you want to use it. if you're in blacklick you can't be too far from me...im at waggoner/kennedy...stick into end of barrel and look thru scope and it will give you a grid, adjust scope accordingly. my grandpa uses it for his turkey shoot gun i currently have (52" barrel. LOL).

LPS - ive got a bore sighter here if you want to use it. if you're in blacklick you can't be too far from me...im at waggoner/kennedy...stick into end of barrel and look thru scope and it will give you a grid, adjust scope accordingly. my grandpa uses it for his turkey shoot gun i currently have (52" barrel. LOL).

Overall I think I'm pretty close. If my memory serves me correctly, I'm shooting 2" left and 1" under at 25 yards. I could take my first shot, use the boresight and it's grid to get me pretty close. As soon as I get some free time to go shoot, I'll PM you to come borrow it!

Appreciate it!

Jason

You have a bore sighter and never told me?

what the hell man!

update - found it, but i dont think he gave me the right parts...the largest one wont expand to the 12ga barrel. i know he used to use it all the time, so either he has a piece not in the kit, or they jimmy rigged it someway. ill call him this weekend to find out.

update - found it, but i dont think he gave me the right parts...the largest one wont expand to the 12ga barrel. i know he used to use it all the time, so either he has a piece not in the kit, or they jimmy rigged it someway. ill call him this weekend to find out.

I just need it for the AR-15

I wish I would have known you had one 2 friday's ago. I wouldn't have had to spend $20 to go to New Albany (raining) and $10 in ammo to sight in my dot

A good outdoor private club is Pickaway County Sportsman's Inc. down off of US 22 in Circleville. It has a 100yard range, multiple shorter ranges, camping, fishing, and it butts up to A.W. Marion State Park. It is open most days dawn-dusk and the first year is only $50 for new members.

A good outdoor private club is Pickaway County Sportsman's Inc. down off of US 22 in Circleville. It has a 100yard range, multiple shorter ranges, camping, fishing, and it butts up to A.W. Marion State Park. It is open most days dawn-dusk and the first year is only $50 for new members.

we shoot 3 gun there... very very nice

Big Darby is where its at.

Outdoor pistol and rifle. 300yard rifle range. 50 yard pistol.

Its rite in West Jeff.. just a few short miles from the whole west side of 270 really.

Anytime you people wanna go let me know, Im always game.

Do you have an address ?

Big Darby is where its at.

Outdoor pistol and rifle. 300yard rifle range. 50 yard pistol.

Its rite in West Jeff.. just a few short miles from the whole west side of 270 really.

Anytime you people wanna go let me know, Im always game.

Is it still there? Its been closed when I go and noone ever answers the phone...plus the website doesnt work anymore