EVO Crew... A Quick Question

Archie

I'm looking into getting a decent deal on a High mileage Evo, the mileage being over 100,000. I'm not really sure how these motors hold up, if they have any longevity problems, ect. It's pretty much stock so I don't think it has taken too bad of a beatin'.

I don't expect it to live up to the bulletproof characteristics of the Chevy small block, just thought I'd look to the CR gurus for some input.

Art go to Evoluitonm.net, I think there is only one evo that is over 100K and the owner is not wanting to sell it. So good luck finding one. The cheapest that i have heard of a evo selling for is 13K it had like 60-80K miles and a salvaged title.

Art go to Evoluitonm.net, I think there is only one evo that is over 100K and the owner is not wanting to sell it. So good luck finding one. The cheapest that i have heard of a evo selling for is 13K it had like 60-80K miles and a salvaged title.

His OP implies that he's already found one meeting his criteria.

The 4g63 was mitsu's best outing as far as engines go imho. It had years and years of refinements. While the earliest versions had problems (crankwalk ... arrrrg), for the most part those problems were squelched in the later years and theyre very capable motors. There are plenty of folks on evom well into the 100's with few issues. Problem is (as with dsm's) everything depends on how badly the previous owner beat on it, or more importantly since evos were built to be beat on, how well the owner took care of the car while he was out railing on it. I'm absolutely loving my evo, but I bought it with relatively low miles, with 1 owner, who took great care of the car, and provided all the service records.

I found one out here around Dayton, it's supposedly stock and not beat... but we'll see. I might check it out tonight, after having a talk with the guy it seems they body is kind of dented/scratched up so I might pass.

Listen for a fucked Tcase, that's one of the more common problems. Its pretty obvious when its gone bad though, so I don't think anyone would try to sell an evo without mentioning it.

"Uh ... wtf is that screaming sound coming from the tranny ?"

"That's ... the ... AWD kicking in !"

P.S. red is the best color imho, I was looking for black or red, and couldn't find a red one with similar mileage and care.

Like everyone already said, hop on evolutionm.net and you will find out tons of info on these cars. IF it was well taken care of the 4g63 will go well beyond 100k without any problems. I have seen a ton of people buy these cars thinking they bought one that has "never been messed with" only to hook up a tactrix cable and find a 300 load value column (meaning the ECU was def messed with so who knows what else was). Good luck on getting an Evo, you will LOVE it!