Morning Commute?

Thomas Aquinas

Where do you live? Where do you work? How long is your commute in time and miles?

A job I'm looking at is by the airport and I live in Plain City. Says its about 27 miles on mapquest. The time says 33 minutes, but I might be inclined to say its longer? How is the northEAST part of 270 in the morning?

Currently I work off roberts rd and its about 17 miles and 23-25 minutes.

Where do you live? Where do you work? How long is your commute in time and miles?

A job I'm looking at is by the airport and I live in Plain City. Says its about 27 miles on mapquest. The time says 33 minutes, but I might be inclined to say its longer? How is the northwest part of 270 in the morning?

It all depends on what time you have to go through there. From 7:30 to 8:00 it can be pretty bad, with fluctuations depending on accidents and weather. If you have to come down 33 to hit 270 you may be in for a lot of traffic. Once you are onto 270 it's not so bad. With the 315 interchange getting redone, and the 270/71 interchange done, it may be getting decent before too long.

It all depends on what time you have to go through there. From 7:30 to 8:00 it can be pretty bad, with fluctuations depending on accidents and weather. If you have to come down 33 to hit 270 you may be in for a lot of traffic. Once you are onto 270 it's not so bad. With the 315 interchange getting redone, and the 270/71 interchange done, it may be getting decent before too long.

Yea, I hit the 33/270 traffic on a regular basis. I go through it around 7:10, that area has got to be next in line to get fixed.

Most everyone seems to have an average commute. I just don't want to be in the car for like 45 minutes or something. That gets a little much.

Live in Reynoldsburg, work at the airport... 5-7 minutes depending on traffic lights I head to work at 5:30 am so there is very little traffic if any at all. 6-8 miles est. I honestly drive longer to go pick up my son from the babysitters house in Canal. Approx 15-25 minutes 10-18 miles depending on route.

I live/work/drink/fuck in Beavercreek during the week... It takes about 1.5 hours from Westerville at 5:30 A.M.

Then I come back to Westerville on the weekends to play with the yuppies, Columbus also has better looking whores than Dayton, IMHO. Although I have struck gold with a few young single moms/squirters in the DYT.

Live in Johnstown, work on Georgesville. Trip is right under 40 miles. On the weekends with cruise set, I can do it in 35 minutes. With heavy traffic and no wrecks, about 45 minutes. I take 670 from one end to the other. I leave home around 6pm to get to work, and leave work between 7 and 7:30 am, so I'm going against traffic.

I live in the very southwest corner of Grove City and I work way up off of Polaris Parkway/Cleveland Ave. The work day starts at 8 for me (or whenever I can get in considering traffic), so I'm traveling at about 7:30-8:00. According to Google maps it is 37 minutes(29 miles), I'd say that's about dead on. It really sucks. The drive typically will make or break my day, seeing as people THINK they can drive 85 when everyone on the road is going about 72 max. :mad:

Anyway, 270 isn't bad. I should take 70/670 to 71 and then take 71 up, but I'd prefer to take 270 all the way around from Georgesville Road to 71. It's only really bad at the 23/315 merge. It gets pretty bad there some mornings. Stay with the speed that everyone else in the left lane is going and you're good to go.

IMO, it will be more like 35-40 minutes depending on when you leave. I would say take 270 south and around that way....or hit 670 and go. If you're on 33/161 at all like I believe you will be, it can be murder early in the am. Not sure, haven't driven it from where you're at though.

From Dublin I go 315 south to 670 for the airport, but avoid massive rush hour times. Flex time will be your friend if your employer offers it.

A job I'm looking at is by the airport and I live in Plain City. Says its about 27 miles on mapquest. The time says 33 minutes, but I might be inclined to say its longer? How is the northEAST part of 270 in the morning?

IMO, it will be more like 35-40 minutes depending on when you leave. I would say take 270 south and around that way....or hit 670 and go. If you're on 33/161 at all like I believe you will be, it can be murder early in the am. Not sure, haven't driven it from where you're at though.

From Dublin I go 315 south to 670 for the airport, but avoid massive rush hour times. Flex time will be your friend if your employer offers it.

670 would be the best bet. The only holdup in the morning going eastbound is at Cleveland Avenue, and that only chews up 5 minutes tops, usually not even that.