title question

AJ

i found a car that i would like to pick up at a super awesome deal. the problem is it has no VIN or title anymore. is there a way to get a VIN assigned in ohio? i know my dad had to have it done to a boat he had but i wasn't sure what the deal was about doing it with cars. not sure why both are gone.

if you are willing to spend lots of time on the phone and willing to risk losing the car you can try to do it. http://bmv.ohio.gov/title/title_faq.htm

if during the expection they suspect that the car was stolen at any point they will impound the car. i would suggest buying a car of the same make/model/year and transfer either the vin or the rest of the car. i went through the same thing with a motorcycle.

its a 69 camaro that someone has started to make a drag car out of and cut alot of it up, and there is alot of cancer to.

If you are going to make it a track car only, then you don't need a title. I know a lot of drag cars don't have titles. You would only need a title to get plates!

If you are going to make it a track car only, then you don't need a title. I know a lot of drag cars don't have titles. You would only need a title to get plates!

Drag racing is for people that don't know how to drive.

it will be a street car when done, i just didn't want to waste money on something that i can't drive on the street.

Drag racing is for people that don't know how to drive.

it will be a street car when done, i just didn't want to waste money on something that i can't drive on the street.

That is a pretty harsh comment. You know there is some skill involved in Drag racing....

I believe that every type of racing is setup for a specific goal. A narrowminded individual is the one that places labels on something just because they don't like or understand it.

Personally I don't see the allure of driving around a parking lot trying to avoid cones; however, I don't say that the sport is for people who's cars aren't fast enough to do anythig meaningful with them.

That is a pretty harsh comment. You know there is some skill involved in Drag racing....

I believe that every type of racing is setup for a specific goal. A narrowminded individual is the one that places labels on something just because they don't like or understand it.

Personally I don't see the allure of driving around a parking lot trying to avoid cones; however, I don't say that the sport is for people who's cars aren't fast enough to do anythig meaningful with them.

Werd.

I'd be willing to bet he's never cut a 60' harder than maybe a high 1.7

Guest tbutera2112

hahah win!

care to try my racing and then tell me what takes more skill? you can drive my car. there are 2 more chances to drive 10/18 and 11/2.

I'd be willing to bet he's never cut a 60' harder than maybe a high 1.7

1.72 not bad for a set of 245's that were worn out with a 450 horse car. too bad it ended up with a 13 flat due to 7 of 8 cylinders the head gaskets blowing out.

While I'm sure drag racing requires some sort of skill, there's no argument against the skill it takes in autox and road racing. It requires so many more applications and consistency.

/carry on

Notice that I never said that AutoX was for people that can't drive... I just said it didn't appeal to me. As for would I like to see what I can do, sure... I'd love to. Why not drive a car set up for it and see what I could do.

My problem was never with Autox or the skill required to do it, it was simply with the statement that dragracers don't have any skill.

As for the Title issue, at the Super chevy show and the Goodguys show there was a guy selling vin plates and titles for old junked cars. That would probably be the easiest way to get the car titled. I want to say he was selling the vin plate and clear title for like $125.

for those saying drag racing is not as hard as autox, its debatable. while most of you have made passes at a track, albeit much less have bracket raced. sure anybody can manage to make a pass down the track, but it does require alot more skill when you have to actually compete aka not making time trials.

for those saying drag racing is not as hard as autox, its debatable. while most of you have made passes at a track, albeit much less have bracket raced. sure anybody can manage to make a pass down the track, but it does require alot more skill when you have to actually compete aka not making time trials.

I agree!

The ones that are saying that Drag racing takes no skill probably never bracket raced. If they did they have never went rounds. When you start out with a field of 150-200 cars in your class and you make it down to the final 8-10 cars you will know what we are talking about.

Time trials are boring. Bracket racing is fun!