College Football Thread...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Since everyone makes numerous thread on different games, lets just throw it all in one big cluster fuck.

How about Florida losing to Ole Miss of all people. Thats 2 top 5 teams that get beat by unranked teams, not only unranked teams but bottom feeders of their respected conferences. This week you could see #1, 3, 4, 11 and 12 all go down. Add in there #8 Alabama since they play #3 Georgia tonight.

Btw the buckeyes look scary with Beanie and Pryor in the backfield, and before anyone jumps in with "they only won by 14" they had most of their starters out in the 4th quarter

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 dropping like flies all of a sudden. Ohio State looked good today though Beanie was very inconsistent, didn't do anything special but got a check in the "W" column.

Wisconsin is doing their job and the ND/Purdue game is tied and a good competitive game going on.

Anyone thinking the Illini can upset Penn State tonight??

I think Beanie did a great job only getting 14 touches. Granted he did fumble but you'll have that. At first I was hoping that Illinois would win, but honestly I would rather OSU play Penn St when they are undefeated. OSU needs all the help in the world to atleast get back in the hunt.

How about North Carolina beating Miami...how they have fallen.

East Carolina was the hot team 2 weeks ago now they are about to lose their 2nd straight game

What a comeback for Michigan! If you are a Buckeye fan, and you don't appreciate that, you're a fucking moron. All that did is help OSU to an easier Big Ten conference title. Good luck with them at Camp Randal. That Nov 8th road game at Northwestern is looking much more tough now for OSU, Along with Illinois on the road. Man OSU has a very tough schedule ahead of them for the Big Ten Title.....

at (9) Wisconsin

Purdue

at Michigan State

(12) Penn State

at Northwestern

at (22) Illinois

Michigan

^Yeah that was a good game, UM did what they needed and deserved the win, but credit Wisconsin for not giving up(they had it tied if it weren't for that penalty). Wisconsin will be a good challenge for OSU, but Penn state scares the shit out of me, they are FAST!!!

The top 25 teams are dropping like flies, 6 have lost so far and 2 more will lose for sure tonight!!

at (9) Wisconsin

Purdue

at Michigan State

(12) Penn State

at Northwestern

at (22) Illinois

Michigan

FIXED.

Michigan State is a tough team. Plus it doesn't matter what the records are in the last game of the season. UM always plays OSU tough, and OSU always plays UM tough.

BTW, GO BLUE

Hmm told you all that teams ahead of the Bucks would start knocking each other off!!

LSU still has to play Georgi and Florida

Texas Missouri Texas Tech, and Oklahoma all play each other plus

OSU just needs to win out and do so convincingly and they are right back in it.

The 2 headed attack of Pryor and a healthy Beanie will scare the shit out of 99% of the country

What a comeback for Michigan! If you are a Buckeye fan, and you don't appreciate that, you're a fucking moron.

Not really, OSU needed to play an undefeated Wisky and an undefeated Penn St.

Thanks for fucking half of that up UM

Not really, OSU needed to play an undefeated Wisky and an undefeated Penn St.

Thanks for fucking half of that up UM

Oh still holding oin to the impossible dream of a Nat champ? LOL that ship has sailed sir. Your only hope is to play USC in the Rosebowl, and win, and get some well needed rep back for the big ten.

FIXED.

Michigan State is a tough team. Plus it doesn't matter what the records are in the last game of the season. UM always plays OSU tough, and OSU always plays UM tough.

BTW, GO BLUE

The U of M game will not be close, the talent is not there this year for U of M and OSU has plenty. Sorry hoss, I'm betting on OSU and will give points.

Oh still holding oin to the impossible dream of a Nat champ? LOL that ship has sailed sir. Your only hope is to play USC in the Rosebowl, and win, and get some well needed rep back for the big ten.

No, I could care less if they play in the NC game, They just need to play some highly ranked teams and win to get their mojo back

UM always plays OSU tough, and OSU always plays UM tough.

No, there were plenty of times in the 90's (read: The Cooper Era) when OSU was very uncompetitive against Michigan.

I really like (1) being an Ohio State fan right now and (2) being a fan of college football in general. With respect to (1), Ohio State is an exciting team with Pryor at the helm and now especially with Beanie being in the same backfield with Pryor. It's like back when Troy Smith was emerging, Ginn was running amok (e.g., remember him against Oklahoma State in the bowl game a few years back?), and Ohio State looked like a threat to break a big play every time they stepped on the field. There's a certain energy around this team, a buzz of sorts, that makes me optimistic for this season (and the next few to come). With respect to (2), I'm echoing Kenny's sentiments - college football is so zany and chaotic from week-to-week that it stays fresh and exciting. Seriously, Florida getting beat at home against Ole Miss? Georgia getting manhandled in the first half at home against Alabama? Here's to hoping everyone has at least one loss by the end of the season.

I don't see us winning any big games in the near future. Tressel is too soft and predictable.

But Pryor's not, and, like Vince Young, he has - I think - the potential of taking over a game and single-handedly winning games he's not supposed to win.

I know, Pryor hasn't proven anything yet, but, still, the similarities thus far between him and Young are undeniable. I guess, in the end, I'm just optimistic in a way that I wasn't for the year or so before.

Ok so the polls are a fucking joke! The AP has Auburn who barely beat a shitty Tennesee team by 2 jumping ahead of OSU, Florida is still ahead of the Bucks and SUC only going to 9? Give me a fucking break already. Dont make the hatered that obvious people. Heres the polls:

AP:

1. Oklahoma (43) 4-0 1,599

2. Alabama (21) 5-0 1,565

3. LSU 4-0 1,466

4. Missouri (1) 4-0 1,453

5. Texas 4-0 1,362

6. Penn State 5-0 1,252

7. Texas Tech 4-0 1,105

8. Brigham Young 4-0 1,098

9. USC 2-1 1,087

10. South Florida 5-0 1,035

11. Georgia 4-1 1,018

12. Florida 3-1 914

13. Auburn 4-1 860

14. Ohio State 4-1 829

15. Utah 5-0 713

16. Kansas 3-1 650

17. Boise State 3-0 549

18. Wisconsin 3-1 520

19. Vanderbilt 4-0 459

20. Virginia Tech 4-1 290

21. Oklahoma State 4-0 277

22. Fresno State 3-1 232

23. Oregon 4-1 199

24. Connecticut 5-0 126

25. Wake Forest 3-1 107

USA Today:

1. Oklahoma (57) 4-0 1,520

2. LSU (1) 4-0 1,399

3. Missouri 4-0 1,398

4. Alabama (2) 5-0 1,350

5. Texas (1) 4-0 1,310

6. Penn State 5-0 1,146

7. Brigham Young 4-0 1,054

8. Texas Tech 4-0 1,047

9. USC 2-1 990

10. Georgia 4-1 888

10. South Florida 5-0 888

12. Ohio State 4-1 854

13. Florida 3-1 832

14. Auburn 4-1 776

15. Utah 5-0 684

16. Kansas 3-1 555

17. Wisconsin 3-1 521

18. Boise State 3-0 446

19. Vanderbilt 4-0 351

20. Oregon 4-1 286

21. Fresno State 3-1 280

22. Oklahoma State (229) 4-0 229

23. Connecticut 5-0 180

24. Virginia Tech 4-1 161

25. Wake Forest 3-1 148

But Pryor's not, and, like Vince Young, he has - I think - the potential of taking over a game and single-handedly winning games he's not supposed to win.

I know, Pryor hasn't proven anything yet, but, still, the similarities thus far between him and Young are undeniable. I guess, in the end, I'm just optimistic in a way that I wasn't for the year or so before.

Agreed. I can't say anything about Vince Young for sure but he seemed to rely on his raw talent and not understanding of the game, and it seems to be showing in the pros now.

Pryor is still very young but he's showed a great enthusiasm for understanding the game, he doesn't just want to run, he wants to understand the schemes so he knows when he has to run. He's been in the play books and film a lot trying to learn. With his talent, and a good understanding of the game, he'll help make OSU nearly unstoppable on offense.

Wow, what the hell happened with the polls? I certainly don't think OSU deserves to be much higher up than they are, but USC is ranked higher than Georgia? Georgia lost to a fantastic 'Bama and USC got destroyed by an unranked team. I also don't get how in the AP poll, Auburn and Florida are ahead of Ohio State. Who votes for a team who barely holds off Tennessee and only scores 2 touchdowns against them, as well as vote for a Florida team who struggled and still lost at home against Ole Miss?