College Football Thread...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Theres another problem people dont realize, schedules are made about 6-10 years in advance. Hell the USC vs OSU series was scheduled back in 1999 when both teams were 6-6. You cant control how tuff another team is going to be when you schedule them so that argument doesnt work with me, its one of the most played out.

If you run a 4.4, they will find a way to get you in to school. And the kids that dont have scholorships hardly ever see the field honestly. And if they do finally make it to the field they usually end up getting a scholorship i.e Antonio Smith a couple years ago for OSU. Dude walked on, never played til his senior year, then they put him on scholorship

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree, if OSU schedules USC 10 years in advance, my guess is that they'll be pretty good. If we schedule Bowling Green, we're probably going to win. Sure teams have highs and lows, and exceptions to the rule, but taking the whole into consideration, powerhouse teams tend to stay that way.

Really? Miami was a powerhouse when tOSU scheduled them 4 years ago to play in I believe 2012 and 2013, but how are they now? Same with Cal, Va Tech and Tennesee all of whom tOSU has coming up in the future, add to that another game with USC and a homa and home vs Oklahoma. So i'd say OSU schedules pretty good teams!

Schools often times play "cupcakes" for a few reasons...1. Its pretty much 99% a sure win, 2. You get to play a lot of kids that usually wouldnt play to build expierence. 3. The "cupcake" you shceduled makes mad money to come to your house and get beat on for a couple hours.

I love that OSU schedules in state opponents. You know how many kids are on those teams that 1. Are huge Buckeye fans and 2. Wanted to goto OSU but got overlooked so now they feel they can steal some spotlight and show the bucks what they missed out on.

2010/2011 Miami Fl

2012/2013 Cal

2014/2015 Va Tech

2016/2017 Oklahoma

2018/2019 Tennesee

Can you really tell me where all these teams are going to be by then?

Oh yeah btw South Florida just lost! Upset Thursdays for the win! They are the 5th team on thursday night to get upset. They was #10 so with a win saturday the bucks should move up. Im a Vanderbilt and Oregon fan this weekend as well

I can't say exactly how tough a team is going to be, again all teams have ups and downs, but if we listed a couple of those as our nonconference games, it would look better than:

Youngstown

Bowling Green

Ohio U

The last couple years we've been feasting on nobodies, followed by a weak big ten, than we wonder why we get ate up during big games vs. powerhouse teams.

USC this year doesn't count though, our star player was down (he literally opens up the entire O), and we didn't have a definite QB, and instead played a lackluster swap game (a mistake tressel made before). Terrell should have been QB from day one, getting him ready for the big game, not expecting him to save the day when Boeckman does more of the same under pressure.

That USF game was a good game, go Pit.

• 2 weeks later...

Oklahoma may not even fall out of the top 5, considering the quality of their game. That was a great game, and both Texas and Oklahoma should be applauded. Two top 5 teams playing like two top 5 teams; such a nice change from, say, OSU v. USC, OSU v. LSU, OSU v. FLA.

LSU should fall out of the top 10, and behind Ohio State, considering they were exposed last night: they don't really have an offense, and they obviously don't have a defense. LSU's "quality" win to date came against Auburn, who has since lost two more games. *yawn* Bye bye, LSU.

Speaking of exposure, Missouri just let everyone know they don't belong in the top 10. They managed to score, what, 23 points on an Oklahoma State defense that, I'm pretty sure, doesn't even play defense - rather, they have 9 or so guys just run out on the field and wander around when their offense isn't on the field. They choked big-time, and bye bye goes Chase Daniel's Heisman campaign. Missouri should fall below Ohio State as well.

Here's the problem with Ohio State right now: they suck on offense. If - IF - they would have put up some huge numbers the last few games, like hang 34 on Wisconsin and 45 or so on Purdue, then the pollsters start believing Ohio State has turned over a new leaf, Pryor was all Ohio State needed, and they're worthy of top 10 status and mentioning in the National Title hunt. Instead, they've laid a few metaphorical eggs.

On the flip side, winning is winning, and, like I've said since the USC massacre, Ohio State really doesn't deserve mentioning for the National Championship and really should simply focus on winning out, going to the Rose Bowl, and putting a beating on someone there.

Here's the problem with Ohio State right now: they suck on offense. If - IF - they would have put up some huge numbers the last few games, like hang 34 on Wisconsin and 45 or so on Purdue, then the pollsters start believing Ohio State has turned over a new leaf, Pryor was all Ohio State needed, and they're worthy of top 10 status and mentioning in the National Title hunt.Instead,they've laid a few metapheorical eggs.

Agreed, though is that a meta-metaphor ?

OSU's problem is Tressel lacks any type of good play calling.

Run, run, pass. Rinse. Repeat. Snore. Final.

Seriously, B-to-the-muthafuckin-ORING.

Maybe Tressel's trying to revert to circa 2002, wherein he's comfortable scoring three field goals and praying that the defense holds out? Problem is, our defense doesn't seem nearly good as it was back then.

If I was Beanie i'd be pissed. Each time in the redzone yesterday they pulled him out in favor of Mo Wells? Are you fucking kidding me a gust of wind blows through and the kid goes down. I honestly think there is some unhappy players/coaches not getting along behind closed doors. This season even if they go 11-1 will be a waste in my opinion because they didnt play to their potential. You have 34 seniors about 5 of which were supposed to be 1st round picks and only 1 or 2 have shown up (Jenkins and Lil Animal)

New polls are out. I can't disagree with AP Top 5:

1. Texas

2. Alabama

3. Penn State

4. Oklahoma

5. Florida

Did you see that Oklahoma State jumped up to #8? Whoa, that was gracious, I thought. And, of course, here comes the pollsters-love-USC phenomenon; USC is now ranked at #6 and poised to inherit one of the top two spots.

He calls plays for people that have no chance at pulling them off too.

Why would you run Mo Wells up the middle? Dude is tiny. Option, something. Christ.

Agreed. Mo Wells is fast, use that speed and put him in on a end-around play, something that lets him get in the open a little. Of course if the offensive line can't block then hardly anyone has a chance.

Our defense hasn't been the same since Dantonio left.

I saw that Illinois lost to Minnesota!?! What happened there...lol. Also Indiana lost to So. Illinois something like 60-7.......I didn't think Indiana was that bad, or So. Ill is very underrated.

And the hatered for OSU continues. How can you bring the #17 team and put them at 8? Good thing about all this is all the big 12 schools and SEC schools still have to play one another. Hopefully when the coaches polls come out tomorrow OSU is in the top 10 where they should be. USC jumping BYU is a joke and i agree that the media is in love with them. Hopefully Stanford, Arizona or UCLA pulls a shocker and ruins their season again.

Big Games this week on the schedule include:

#12 OSU vs #20 Michigan St

#9 BYU vs TCU (Upset Special Pick)

#22 Vanderbilt vs #10 Georgia...come on Vandy!

#16 Kansas vs #4 Oklahoma...I wanna see Kansas but im saying OU by 30 lol

#11 Missouri vs #1 Texas....I wanna say Texas, but at the same time I can see Missouri winning this one too

Oh and shits and giggles anyone wanna take me up on the over/under of 30 points for Penn State vs Michigan. I say Penn State wins by more then 30 in this one

^I see OSU keeping Ringer in check as usual in another lackluster uncreative play calling win. Oklahoma is going to destroy Kansas, they're pissed!! Missouri vs. Texas should be a good close game.

Michigan is going to ge destroyed, I believe it's in Happy Valley right??

And another one goes down...they are gonna start dropping like flies, the Bucks just need to keep winning and hopefully a few things fall in their favor. ESPN has a mock BCS out and OSU is 11th in that but there is 4 big 12 schools ahead of them which most all still play each other, same with SEC. The oddball is gonna be USC, they have to lose another game somewhere along the line which I dont know if they will

TCU really took it to BYU, they seemed to have so much energy and played with great enthusiasm and earned that win.

USC should win out no problem and be in the national title game, they have a weak conference(Hell Cal is No.1 in the PAC 10). Nobody is coming out of the Big 12 or SEC without a loss so it will be one of those teams vs. USC I think, my guess will be Florida.