laptop computer guys, I have questions

wnaplay1647545503

My laptop was recently lost by a guy who was repairing it so he built me a free one but I have never heard of the name brand before or know anything about it. Its a lenovo. Anyone ever heard of it? model 3000 n200. I havent turned it on yet nor do I know what to look for to see what he has put into it. My old laptop was just a basic hp used primarily for accessing the internet when on business trips. Hopefully I didnt get some sort of $20 laptop here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Oh at least it was completely free if it is worthless.

He LOST your lappy? How the fuck does that happen?

I'd have gone after him for the original purchase price of the computer plus all the software I still had receipts for. Which, for even a cheap lappy, is gonna come up to around $2000. It is completely unacceptable that he would "lose" your computer. You need to get an explanation in WRITING of how the hell he managed to lose it, and if he can't get you one, you should probably call the cops.

Keep in mind, the biggest problem is not "losing" the computer. It' the fact that you have personal information stored by your browser and other programs that would be invaluable to ID thieves.

IBM makes lenovo thinkpads.

Wrong.

the IBM Thinkpad was made by lenovo.

Because it's a lenovo that means it has to be atleast newer then the R40 which was a pentium M.

To this day I have an R32 I use all the time.

How do I see what this thing has in it? As far as hell, I dont know. What makes one laptop better than another?

Right click on My Computer and go to Properties. Under the General tab it will tell you what processor it has and how much RAM is in it.

He LOST your lappy? How the fuck does that happen?

I'd have gone after him for the original purchase price of the computer plus all the software I still had receipts for. Which, for even a cheap lappy, is gonna come up to around $2000. It is completely unacceptable that he would "lose" your computer. You need to get an explanation in WRITING of how the hell he managed to lose it, and if he can't get you one, you should probably call the cops.

Keep in mind, the biggest problem is not "losing" the computer. It' the fact that you have personal information stored by your browser and other programs that would be invaluable to ID thieves.

The first laptop was a gift from ALEX and was only used to log onto the internet as well. So not out any money. Never had any personal info on it that I can remember. Its not so much as lost, as its in a room with maybe a few thousand others that all appear the same.