Lettuce talk about power adders

Sam1647545489

Guest Removed
Sam,on a side note, when you screw the head studs in, put sealer on all the upper ones, cause they are in coolant jackets. you dont need leaky studs. coolant and oil= not good

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam,on a side note, when you screw the head studs in, put sealer on all the upper ones, cause they are in coolant jackets. you dont need leaky studs. coolant and oil= not good

Thanks for the tip. The cobra intake was used like Rob said cause it does flow alot better. Other then that the motor is stock as it came from the ford factory.

How's the new clutch treating you?

It is fine right now. I think it still needs adjusting. The stock t5 trans is hating life right now. Need to get it to RPM and have it built but I think I will wait till the white stuff is on the ground.

Jp, you are close... I cant wait for next yr when the motor is actually built for boost, better heads, cam and intake. I would like to see a low 10 sec pass out of it at high 130's. Maybe if I can get it to leave hard see a 9 sec pass.

It is fine right now. I think it still needs adjusting. The stock t5 trans is hating life right now. Need to get it to RPM and have it built but I think I will wait till the white stuff is on the ground.

Jp, you are close... I cant wait for next yr when the motor is actually built for boost, better heads, cam and intake. I would like to see a low 10 sec pass out of it at high 130's. Maybe if I can get it to leave hard see a 9 sec pass.

no more rx7 :( ?

It should shift well once you get it done. Once they start to act funny, it's all downhill from there. I'm just surprised that it hasn't taken it's own life under boost. When mine went it was in 3rd gear at about 3800, 1/4 throttle. I did beat on it for awhile before that, but my car wasn't making near the power your car is. Do you have any ideas on heads, cam, and intake yet? So many to choose from.

It should shift well once you get it done. Once they start to act funny, it's all downhill from there. I'm just surprised that it hasn't taken it's own life under boost. When mine went it was in 3rd gear at about 3800, 1/4 throttle. I did beat on it for awhile before that, but my car wasn't making near the power your car is. Do you have any ideas on heads, cam, and intake yet? So many to choose from.

Honestly I havent even looked yet. I do wanna buy a whole long block, build it outside of the car and then get a good fuel system and better turbo on the car and see how much power we can make out of the stock motor in the car now before it blows. :cool:

Honestly I havent even looked yet. I do wanna buy a whole long block, build it outside of the car and then get a good fuel system and better turbo on the car and see how much power we can make out of the stock motor in the car now before it blows. :cool:

The most you are going to be able to make on a stock 302 block is about 550 rwhp and have it last a little while... I have seen the stock blocks on a few cars in the 600 range, but they usualy dont last long... The Mexican blocks can take up to 650 rwhp, but if you go searching for a block or building one get a Dart or an R302 block or maybe an A4 block... It's not worth building a stock block...