Two For the Price of One

Vortac

What's up everybody? My name is Chris, and I recently took a job that will be relocating me to Cleveland from sunny, warm Tucson, AZ, sometime around the first of April. My girlfriend also joined this site (hence the post title) yesterday, and her name is Colleen. We both belonged to a similar website back in Tucson, so it's nice to see that there is one for Ohio.

So with that out of the way, let's get to what's important... Does the Cleveland area have any good roads to ride? How about bike shops to get misc. things done (tire mounting, minor work etc.)?

Also, since I have never been to Cleveland, and don't know the area, if anyone wants to give me some pointers on good places to start looking for housing (i'm going to be working in the Oberlin area) and what places to steer clear of, that would be great :D

Anyway, I currently ride a Yamaha supermoto, it is my 4th bike. I started off with a 2006 Honda 599, then had a 2006 Honda VFR800, then a 2007 Kawasaki ZX6r (which I at times miss very much :(). And Colleen rides a 2001 Yamaha R6.

bike pics...

First bike 2006 Honda 599

IMG_0051.jpg

Second bike 2006 Honda VFR800

vfr.jpg

Third bike 2007 ZX6r

IMG_0005sm.jpg

IMG_0011sm.jpg

Aaaannnd, the current bike 2008 Yamaha WR250x

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0001snow.jpg

This is Colleens bike 2001 Yamaha R6

hdr1.jpg

IMG_0021-1.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, anti-snowbirds! Hope you find us more hospitiable than the weather, though by April, the worst it should be is wet. Whereabout Cleveland will you find yourself working?

yeah, i'm scared of the weather, haha.

I'll be working in the Oberlin area.

Welcome! I love that Yamaha WR250x! I seen one at the track at BeaveRun running supermoto there! That thing was flying around the track!

You should take it to BeaveRun (about 1hr from Cleveland) and run it on the track! I race a NSR there all the time.

Yeah, the weather will suck, and Cleveland gets lots of snow/cold... so like said before, find something to keep ya sane during the winter, this site helps a bit!

About some riding spots... I don't think Cleveland has any good twisty roads, I might be wrong since I don't live up there. But, SE Ohio (South of Zanesville, Oh) has some really good twisty roads! There are a lot of us on this forum that ride them all summer long!

Edited by fireman_343

Welcome! I love that Yamaha WR250x! I seen one at the track at BeaveRun running supermoto there! That thing was flying around the track!

You should take it to BeaveRun (about 1hr from Cleveland) and run it on the track! I race a NSR there all the time.

ahh, i'm interested... what kind of track is beaverun? we have a gocart track in tucson that was converted to supermoto that's really nice, but these things aren't suited to any kind of high speed stuff... it'll do about 95, but it likes 30-50mph stuff better.

i'm guessing your NSR is a 250?

I don't think there are any really good riding spots near Cleveland. I could be wrong though. However, if you travel South about 1.5 hrs you can hit up the Apple Valley and Amish country areas. Those are pretty good. Beaverun is amazing. I love that track. I've only been on it in a car though.

http://www.beaverun.com/

This map doesn't do much justice:

map2_crop.png

There are massive elevation changes. It's a blast.