No Fucking Insurance

thorne

What would you expect the police to do? It's a civil matter. You have to take the guy to court and get a judgment against him and then file it at the courthouse. Then you can have the Sheriff try to collect, but not before?

It's just a complete pain in the ass. It's not my wifes fault so why the fuck should I have to drop threw 8 hopes. I'm just upset.

thats called life shitbreak, deal with it and move on. always bitching about somthing. btw is your wife ok? hope so , cause i think your complaining more about it than she is

My wife was hit by someone in the parking lot of her work and come to find out this person's insurance is lapse. This is complete bull shit. The police won't do anything since it was on private property.

Yeah, that's something that needs to change. Publicly accessible parking lots and access roads should be no different than public roads when it comes to liability and fault in the case of an accident. BTW, if your wife has comprehensive insurance, the company can go after the other person involved in court to collect anything they pay out to her.

(EDIT: Closed lots, permit lots, and private property not accessible to public traffic obviously should be hands-off for traffic enforcement without the owner's consent and/or request.)

What would you expect the police to do? It's a civil matter. You have to take the guy to court and get a judgment against him and then file it at the courthouse. Then you can have the Sheriff try to collect, but not before?

No.

You file an uninsured motorist claim on your insurance, then THEY go after the person that hit you.

My wife was rear ended by a lady with no insurance. It happens and the cops won't do anything. This is why I tell everyone to get full coverage. My wife didn't want full coverage when I added her on after we got married. I told her there was no option and we both will have full coverage. Good thing I did since my insurance company paid everything even the deductible.

I'm talking with my agent monday morning. The problem is he was talking about me having to pay my deductable and if the repair is less then it no point in claiming.

I keep my deductable at 500$. My wife is fine. It just sucks she works with someone who would hit her car and not fucking have insurance on a newer suv. If that truly is the case and she does not pay out of pocket to have my car fixed.

Vin search.

Lien Holder?

phone call.

Best thing to do is get the court date for this lady. Google FCClerks and do a public search. Find her court date. Go to court with an appraisal of the damage. Tell them that she needs to pay for the damages. Don't mention to the judge that you have insurance unless they ask.

thats called life shitbreak, deal with it and move on. always bitching about somthing. btw is your wife ok? hope so , cause i think your complaining more about it than she is

Shut the fuck up chode! Just hope it doesn't happen to you, or you'll be whining like a 10 year old schoolgirl too.

Mine:

My FD, unlicensed, uninsured, latino. Columbus police gave him a ride home. Fail to show up for court, dissapeared off the planet with the owner of car he was driving. Insurance said fuck off, civil attorney laughed at me saying they'll never find him, "he's in El Paso by now, with a different name".

Thorne,

Just be glad that you have a civil case. It's a pain in the ass, but it'll work out in the end.

The suck is the only case i can get would be a civil one. The damage is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm having a detailer come over to tell me what can be buffed out and what not. I figured this women dont have insurnace because shes poor but I will make her pay for the detail if it can be fixed that way.

The scratch is not bad at all I think some touch up paint it be ok. Its on the bumper.

sucks, been there and done that. Had some white trash bitch run her mirror down my gto a month after I bought it. No insurance. I have full coverage so I figured I'd file a claim and let my insurance company handle it. Found out it doesn't quite work that way. They called her and tried to get her to pay but of course she was too busy fine tuning her meth lab and didn't pay. Then the insurance company sends me a letter saying they will continue to go after her but it'll cost me more money to do it.

sucks, been there and done that. Had some white trash bitch run her mirror down my gto a month after I bought it. No insurance. I have full coverage so I figured I'd file a claim and let my insurance company handle it. Found out it doesn't quite work that way. They called her and tried to get her to pay but of course she was too busy fine tuning her meth lab and didn't pay. Then the insurance company sends me a letter saying they will continue to go after her but it'll cost me more money to do it.

That shouldn't have happened. It shouldn't cost you more money.... you should be reimbursed from your ins. co. and then they usually go after the person and you're out of it... might want to look into changing insurance companies....

Umm, WTF? Dude, you got fucked. The insurance company pays you, then collects from her. You are not liable for the cost of collection, EVER.