decision on trade

Reed44

Guest tbutera2112
96 + PI heads + turbo ftw.

96 + ported PI heads, turbo cams, PI intake, turbo.... what is that? like 6grand in mods? and a whopping 400rwhp...then when you turn the boost up and it blows up at 400-450hp, he can spend another 3 grand on a bottom end!...for 9grand, he could make a fox to stomp it!!

94-98 body ftl anyways

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather have a fox body or SN95 over a lame ass LT1 F-Body.

I've owned both an SN95 AND an LT1 F-body, of the same year, at the same time. I can't believe Ford thought the Mustang was even competiton for the F-body.

Way slower stock-for-stock, didn't handle as well, interior felt cheaper (not that my Formula's interior feels nice by any means), worse fuel mileage, horriable shifter placement, etc. The Moostang made for an alright daily driver, but I don't see me ever owning another.

Guest tbutera2112
I've owned both an SN95 AND an LT1 F-body, of the same year, at the same time. I can't believe Ford thought the Mustang was even competiton for the F-body.

Way slower stock-for-stock, didn't handle as well, interior felt cheaper (not that my Formula's interior feels nice by any means), worse fuel mileage, horriable shifter placement, etc. The Moostang made for an alright daily driver, but I don't see me ever owning another.

he speaks the truth... mustang interior isnt the nicest, but ive been in some fbodys too lol and its not too much better..... idk how a car making 225hp at the crank only gets 20-22mpg, but it happens....the shifters in 94-04 mustangs are ridiculous, especially if you want to use the cup holder.... the cup holder in the front is in the way of the shifter if theres anything in it, so going into second you would have to pick up your drink and move it first... and the rear one is so shallow that if you make a turn the drink falls out onto your passeger seat...and the early 4.6 sn95s that were nonpi are even more underpowered than my car....my buddy was running low 15s in his at the last track day....not much of a performer either

all that being said, LT1 is still the lose

dont do it, ive done what your doing backwards and im telling you to either stick it out or sell it for profit and get an lsx 96 fords suck ass hole, ive had one i know, fox bodies are sweet but if you want speed for dollar stay with the lt1. heed my advice, i wouldnt go back if i were you

Guest tbutera2112

who cares about stock for stock? i dont think hes going to buy a car and never mod it....you have a modded LT1 vs your stock 5.0 that made what? 200hp? thats not even a comparison

fox with a big stroker motor > shitty LT1

have fun driving your LT1....oh wait, nevermind

who cares about stock for stock? i dont think hes going to buy a car and never mod it....you have a modded LT1 vs your stock 5.0 that made what? 200hp? thats not even a comparison

wrong ass hole, i had most of the same boltons that i had in the fox. ask miller, i beat his cammed fox when i was on street tires and no shift kit. the only difference was my gearing and auto over 5sp. your all about your mustangs and im diverse, i think im spouting a better argument than you .

Guest tbutera2112
wrong ass hole, i had most of the same boltons that i had in the fox. ask miller, i beat his cammed fox when i was on street tires and no shift kit. the only difference was my gearing and auto over 5sp. your all about your mustangs and im diverse, i think im spouting a better argument than you .

because bolt ons really make a difference :confused:

im all about mustangs? lol i trash on these cars all the time, check Jones sig

a well built foxbody is an all around better car than an LT1 camaro

foxbody weighs 400-500lbs less than a camaro stock...has a wide variety of engine swap choices that wont bust the bank, aka 347/408 stroker swaps, as opposed to an LS1 $$$.... parts for foxbodys are so common you log onto craigslist and probably build an entire car right now just getting spare parts from people...the aftermarket for foxbodys is giant....and the thing that matters the most is that if they werent solid performing cars, they would not have been made from 79-04 with minimal change **chassis, not engine options**

that and theyre not fuckin hideous like your camaro

stop being so butthurt that people think LT1s suck... go out and buy an LS1 and we can have this discussion again when you actually have an argument

looks like most of the votes are for the fox. I only like 3 things about my camaro. It looks good, sounds good, and has decent power. Should be around 350whp. I cant stand how it drives and how I am eye level with the 8 foot long dash board. Plus its speed density, which I dont want to mess with. There is just something about a mustang that gets my attention.

have you seen the port design on an ls1 head its miles beyond anything else out there

fox= one of the best drag platforms ever

ls1 = the pinnacle of the production pushrod smallblock

why not combine them?

I still run a 5.0 but don't think I havn't thougt about yanking it in favor of the ls1

dont do it, ive done what your doing backwards and im telling you to either stick it out or sell it for profit and get an lsx 96 fords suck ass hole, ive had one i know, fox bodies are sweet but if you want speed for dollar stay with the lt1. heed my advice, i wouldnt go back if i were you

Just because you don't know how to work on either vehicle and happened to sell one before you started modding doesn't make it a bad platform.

:rolleyes:

Ask Dyno Brian about dollar for dollar :lol: The 86 on snow tires was epic.

I am the only one that actually looked at the first picture? Everyone go back and take a look at the cowl vent and tell me what is wrong with that picture. Looks like it has had some issues.

I see how its look bent up and only has one wiper blade. I never noticed that untill you said something. Hmmm.

Everytime I get something else I always want to go back to a mustang. So thats what the plans is. I have had alot of interesting offers though but I know I will just sell it in a few months.

I see how its look bent up and only has one wiper blade. I never noticed that untill you said something. Hmmm.

Stay away from it. Those are supposed to be nice and flat. Damage in that area could have been caused by a few things, but I wouldn't be excited about the car after seeing that. The owner also forgot the door molding on the passenger side.