Moving. Anyone got a Uhaul hookup?

Guest Melanie

Guest Melanie

Brian and me are moving on the 1st and are trying to figure out how we are going to move furniture, heavy stuff, etc.

Anyone got a job at Uhaul? Maybe quote some prices/ discounts? :D

Or own any other large scale truck?

I always found that Budget was much cheaper that Uhaul. I believe the truck rental price was the same, but the charge for the mileage was like $0.40 less per mile when comparied to Uhaul. If I remember correctly there should also be a coupon for Budget for so much off in the USPS change of address packets you can pick up at the Post office.

If I remember correctly, uhaul has a deal that is like $20 for a one day rental truck. You only get like 10 or 20 miles or something, but if you're moving a short distance and just need something big for a day, it's the way to go...

Prices are (for return trips, 1-ways are priced differently):

10' truck - $19.95/day

14' + 17' - $29.95/day

24' + 26' - $39.95/day

$0.99/mile/anyday

$100.00 deposit up front.

Insurance is optional; $0 or $14 or $28 depending on what you select.

You replace any fuel you use.

My work rents Uhauls as well as heavy equipment. The prices are pre-set in the computer system. While we can change them, we have to provide a reasoning to the main hub in Columbus as to why we did it. So basically, you probably won't be getting any discounts from anybody.

On that note, don't rent from Uhaul. Go with Budget or Penske.

Guest Melanie
I used to work at two men and a truck and am an experienced mover haha no truck tho lmk if you need a hand im right around the corner my grandpa is your neighbor

We may take you up on that. If Brians out of town I may be SOL. Got my girl who is strong as hell, Brian, and thats it.

Guest Melanie
I'm sure the size of the truck is going to be up to Brian. Theres no way I can drive one of those! But good idea on getting one bigger than we think we need to save on gas by doing multiple trips.