I'm a modding noob - 92 camaro

fictionwriter

Hey all, This is Nate from Lancaster, Ohio. I live on Sheridan Drive. My ride is a 92 Camaro RS 3.1 v6. It's a pretty slow car really. There aren't many mods for the 60*V6's - Sometimes I wish I had a Mustang instead, there's all kinds of things available for those. They don't even make a supercharger for the 3.1.

Mods -

Ploy Transmission mounts

accel ign coil

Performance disty and rotor button with brass connections

iroc-z dual snorkel intake

spohn wonderbar

energy suspension poly endlinks

all new car audio and custom interior pieces.

180* Thermostat

• Upvote 1

Here's a couple pics before/after the clear fronts - I might get better gas mileage under water lol -

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/shavedfun/DSC02731.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/shavedfun/camarocoolingfanhelp001.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/shavedfun/camarocoolingfanhelp003.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Small block it. Dollar for dollar it would be the best idea.

I'd love to drop in a 5.7l 350. Sadly I live in an apartment (and would be fined/evicted for doing an engine swap in the lot lol) and I'm not advanced enough to do an engine swap by myself yet. But hey, that's why I joined! I'll pick up an engine from craigslist if anyone can point me in the direction of a good speedshop that could install it for me.

Guest 614Streets
Hey all, This is Nate from Lancaster, Ohio. I live on Sheridan Drive. My ride is a 92 Camaro RS 3.1 v6. It's a pretty slow car really. There aren't many mods for the 60*V6's - Sometimes I wish I had a Mustang instead, there's all kinds of things available for those. They don't even make a supercharger for the 3.1.

Mods -

Ploy Transmission mounts

accel ign coil

Performance disty and rotor button with brass connections

iroc-z dual snorkel intake

spohn wonderbar

energy suspension poly endlinks

all new car audio and custom interior pieces.

180* Thermostat

There was a ton of mods for the 60* v6 , roller cams , aluminum bowtie 4bolt main sbc style priority feed main oil galley that weighed 49lbs , blower kits , billet cranks , rods, you name it , it was made for the 60 v6. Potter even made heads.

You can read up over at http://www.60degreev6.com

Personally I would buy a v8 car , later .

Guest 614Streets
I'd love to drop in a 5.7l 350. Sadly I live in an apartment (and would be fined/evicted for doing an engine swap in the lot lol) and I'm not advanced enough to do an engine swap by myself yet. But hey, that's why I joined! I'll pick up an engine from craigslist if anyone can point me in the direction of a good speedshop that could install it for me.

My shop can do this kind of swap , but its often better to start with a v8 car....

There was a ton of mods for the 60* v6 , roller cams , aluminum bowtie 4bolt main sbc style priority feed main oil galley that weighed 49lbs , blower kits , billet cranks , rods, you name it , it was made for the 60 v6. Potter even made heads.

You can read up over at http://www.60degreev6.com

Personally I would buy a v8 car , later .

Most of that stuff was made for the 3.4's and 3.8's that were in the 4th gen cars. Even headers, 2.8's only - not 3.1. I'm pretty novice and not confident enough to try and make stuff fit... yet.

Just about all 60* stuff will interchange. 3.8s in the newer cars are 90*V6s so obviously that stuff is different. You can do all kinds of stuff to your car if you want, but I would just enjoy driving it, and save up for a second car with V8.

Welcome to the site, at least you have a decent intro. (except for mentioning a Mustang)

yeah... sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade. lol - but seriously, I had a mulletish thing going on in highschool. Since I got out of the navy it's just been the whole no hair haircut thing. lol.

I should probably mention that my car looks so good b/c it sat in a garage for 10 years without being started. I bought it from this strange old man in Jackson ohio. When I got the car I had to replace 90% of the sensors, freeze plugs, thermostat - it was all rusted to shit. lol But the body looks great from underneath - no rust at all.

• Confused 1

Just about all 60* stuff will interchange. 3.8s in the newer cars are 90*V6s so obviously that stuff is different. You can do all kinds of stuff to your car if you want, but I would just enjoy driving it, and save up for a second car with V8.

Welcome to the site, at least you have a decent intro. (except for mentioning a Mustang)

yep, anything that will work on a 2.8 or 3.4 will work on a 3.1, even the heads and intakes (which is a bad idea unless you know what your doing lol)

Guest 614Streets
Most of that stuff was made for the 3.4's and 3.8's that were in the 4th gen cars. Even headers, 2.8's only - not 3.1. I'm pretty novice and not confident enough to try and make stuff fit... yet.

No thats not true. Most of it was made for the 2.8 and 3.1 v6. All RWD 60 degree v6's have Iron heads with 1.72 x 1.42 valves, the bore is 3.5 on both the 2.8 and 3.1 , with the 2.8 having a 2.99 throw and the 3.1 having a 3.31 throw, thats off my head. I am a 60 v6 guru lol.

They made headers for that car. They made a paxton kit for the f body 3.1.

If you go the 60 v6 route I can help you with anything advise wise. But I would consider a v8 car before that in my opinion.

For a V8 swap you'd need the tranny crossmember I believe, and the front suspension parts from a V8 car, other then that if you go carb it's just drop it in and bolt the thing up. A good website for you to research this on before you sgtart buying parts for someone on here to swap it is thirdgen.org they know EVERYTHING you can do that car as it's been done 100000x over. And as for 614 saying to start with a V8 car for a 350 swap, BAH!! V6 car for the lower insurance man ;)