New here...

4DooR_SuprA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum man! its nice to see more TT engine in a car that shouldn't have it.

Case in point

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/SC300/IMG_2250.jpg

i dunno how fun a v160 swap is in the IS but i know its a pain in the SC, just do a r154 and call it a day man! they can hold some decent power as long as you treat it right.

Welcome to the forum man! its nice to see more TT engine in a car that shouldn't have it.

Case in point

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/SC300/IMG_2250.jpg

i dunno how fun a v160 swap is in the IS but i know its a pain in the SC, just do a r154 and call it a day man! they can hold some decent power as long as you treat it right.

Hell yeah man! I wish they would have put the tt in the IS to begin with. Fuck my life it didnt lol. I see you got a 1j in your sc, kick ass. Toyota should have never put a NA 2jz in anything IMO.

On the v160 case, I really want to just get it over with. r154 is nice but I heard its sloppy. Id rather just pay the money and do it right as I have already wasted 1000 bucks on worthless 5spds. There are a few quirks that have to be worked out to get a 6spd in the IS, luckily its nothing major.

Hell yeah man! I wish they would have put the tt in the IS to begin with. Fuck my life it didnt lol. I see you got a 1j in your sc, kick ass. Toyota should have never put a NA 2jz in anything IMO.

On the v160 case, I really want to just get it over with. r154 is nice but I heard its sloppy. Id rather just pay the money and do it right as I have already wasted 1000 bucks on worthless 5spds. There are a few quirks that have to be worked out to get a 6spd in the IS, luckily its nothing major.

this is true but for what i know about r154 if you do the bushings for them, and also do the new thrust washer in it you should be set. im currently trying to find one for my SC as im still on a W58 with 350hp 356TQ which from what i hear is the absolute limit of the w58. i dont dog my transmission on the street, i dont bang it into gears but i know it will go out here.

this is true but for what i know about r154 if you do the bushings for them, and also do the new thrust washer in it you should be set. im currently trying to find one for my SC as im still on a W58 with 350hp 356TQ which from what i hear is the absolute limit of the w58. i dont dog my transmission on the street, i dont bang it into gears but i know it will go out here.

BG I will let you know about the r154 here in a few weeks it all depends on what car im going with, I myself might be getting into a toyota. I will let you know.