Still Job hunting

Cordell

I have to find something to do, but I will not last doing mindless crap so what do I do? I do really well working on cars and electrical systems, especially doing diag and repair opposed to maintenance. I hated Honda, lasted about 4 hours at the Limited, and flat refuse to work fast food. I can't beleive how hard it is for someone with a certificate in Electrical, and ASE certs to find a job. This is ridiculous. Any ideas would be appriciated, I've been watching Craigslist and the job I got from that lasted a week (not by choice, it wasn't that bad), the paper and employment sites aren't much help so WTF?! At least my wife still has both her jobs and we're not falling behind, but I can't stay home much longer. Frustrated /rant, thanks for any ideas you guys can send my way.

I have to find something to do, but I will not last doing mindless crap so what do I do? I do really well working on cars and electrical systems, especially doing diag and repair opposed to maintenance. I hated Honda, lasted about 4 hours at the Limited, and flat refuse to work fast food. I can't beleive how hard it is for someone with a certificate in Electrical, and ASE certs to find a job. This is ridiculous. Any ideas would be appriciated, I've been watching Craigslist and the job I got from that lasted a week (not by choice, it wasn't that bad), the paper and employment sites aren't much help so WTF?! At least my wife still has both her jobs and we're not falling behind, but I can't stay home much longer. Frustrated /rant, thanks for any ideas you guys can send my way.

when did you work at honda?

i think i missed on what happen with limited.

i can still talk to the guys up where my dad works if your interested.

Certifications don't mean you are promised a job. If you aren't willing to work hard at ANY job, you will have trouble finding the IDEAL job.

Just a bit of a life lesson.

I am more than willing to work hard. I just can't do mindless work. Constant repetative things like pick and pack, or insert bolt and tighten, over and over again drive me crazy.

I am just not going to accept ANY job.

I am more than willing to work hard. I just can't do mindless work. Constant repetative things like pick and pack, or insert bolt and tighten, over and over again drive me crazy.

I am just not going to accept ANY job.

yes because money is diffenrent depeding on where you work :rolleyes:

Satisfied much?...sounds to me like you've had the opportunity to work your way up in some great industries and yet you chose to leave. Everyone has to start somewhere in an industry, whether its a nuts and bolt guy at Honda to a burger flipper at the King.

Why would anyone want to employ someone that doesn't like they work they are doing when so many people are struggling to find a job?

Satisfied much?...sounds to me like you've had the opportunity to work your way up in some great industries and yet you chose to leave. Everyone has to start somewhere in an industry, whether its a nuts and bolt guy at Honda to a burger flipper at the King.

Why would anyone want to employ someone that doesn't like they work they are doing when so many people are struggling to find a job?

Why don't you try making money working on cars when it's a commisioned base enviroment, or try getting a job doing construction. Good luck with all that. Tell me why I would keep going to work only to make enough for gas and daycare expenses. No commision=base pay, base pay=pointless.

I gave up construction as an Electrician after being laid off multiple times, and while I haven't given up the Automotive field I am not going to go to work just to break even. Honda was a bad idea for multiple reasons, and that was a few years ago.

If anybody else just wants to shit talk I will happily meet you in the Kitchen, otherwise :gtfo: of my thread.