Mini-14 Magazine Sale from Ruger

KillJoy

Ruger is having an "Inaugural Special" on their Mini 14 20 Round Magazines.

:thumbup:

These were VERY expensive (if you could fine them) during the "ban" years.

They are selling them for $29.95 each through Jan 31, 2009.

LINKY

They cannot ship to the following locations:

Cincinnati, OH

Cleveland, OH

Columbus, OH

Dayton, OH

Toledo, OH

KillJoy

Why can't they ship a "high-cap" mag to Columbus?

Will they ship it if your mailing address was Dublin or Clintonville?

I don't have a mini-14, just wondering what makes a 20 round magazine evil in Columbus.

Too bad Columbus' ban on highcap mags was overturned by state law. Most manufacturers/distributors don't know this. That's why it is nice to have parents that live in Whitehall :)

ETA: FUCK RUGER and their anti-gun loving ways. Buy an AR15 if you want a high-cap 5.56/.223, not a POS Mini

Why can't they ship a "high-cap" mag to Columbus?

Will they ship it if your mailing address was Dublin or Clintonville?

I don't have a mini-14, just wondering what makes a 20 round magazine evil in Columbus.

Because retailers don't know that Ohio passed preemption

ETA: FUCK RUGER and their anti-gun loving ways. Buy an AR15 if you want a high-cap 5.56/.223, not a POS Mini

A mini-14 is far from a POS. The M14/M1A is one hell of a realiable weapon. The bolt and all basic principles were based off John Garand's M1 rifle. I know I trusted my life to an M14, and never had a single jam

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/pickupsplus/78320010.jpg

My Brown slut on the right :nod:

A mini-14 is far from a POS. The M14/M1A is one hell of a realiable weapon. The bolt and all basic principles were based off John Garand's M1 rifle. I know I trusted my life to an M14, and never had a single jam

Scotty,

I respect your opinion on the M14/M1A, but I stand by my opinion. I totally agree that the Garand action is a great one, and the actual reliablity of the action is not why I dislike the Mini. I guess it depends on what your goals out of the rifle are. Most Mini's malfunction because they are being used with shitty aftermarket mags. The Mini-14 has crap for mags that even @$30 for factory are overpriced, it has a weak firing pin that must be replaced to fire certain kinds of ammo, slow mag changes compared to an AR, shitty mounting solutions for optics or lights, and overheating and change of POI with a thin barrel. While these are not problems in a rifle that is used as Ruger intended for a "ranch rifle," a light carbine that is carried alot and shot a little, they are counterproductive to a fighting/defensive rifle. People that are interested in a fighting/defensive rifle are better served with an AR15 for just a little more money than a Mini.

So when are we going to have a CR range day? :D

We got H&K416 mags in my old unit thanks to the junk green follower mags. I agree, good magazines make or break good "tactical" rifles. The M1A/M14's need the newer mags to function, just like M4/M16/AR15 rifles need atleast new followers in their mags. I'll agree, the mini-14 isn't an AR replacement, but more for a nice varmit rifle. I plan on a mini-30 shortly. Gotta love 7.62X39mm :cool: