Upgrade... new track whore

JuicedH22

while I agree with you, for a car that's "casually" DE'd and where total outright performance isn't a complete concern I'd pick the Z06 as well. It's just easier in every aspect...you show up, drive, and go home. No muss, no fuss and it's consistent throughout the day.

I picked the FD because I'm secretly a sadist and enjoy covering everyone else on the track with oil, smoke, and flames.

You guys are both close the same thinking as me. That was the reason I had purchased the FD over the zo6 to beging with.

However, once I owned the FD, and i wanted to drive it often on the street, i was constantly worried about reliability. And I knew to get to the pwr/weight ratio I WANTED for the track, the cost was a lot higher than to get that same pwr/weight ratio in the zo6. Also, with a large displacement n/a motor, you get the tq at the touch of the gas, even at low rpm, and when I come out of a turn on the track, that is VERY important and can make a large diff. in time. Furthermore, for me, at 6'4" I was HUGE inside of the rx7, with my helmet it on, i rubbed the headliner, even with the wheel as far back, and reclined as much as comfortable. The zo6 is much more fitting for my height, i have tons of room. Finally, generation gap, there is a large gain in amenities between 1994 technology, and 2003 technology. So with that all considered, I bought the zo6 instead of another FD. Dont get me wrong, i still love FDs and their track potential is at the top... however, its drawbacks are shown when I want to get some street driving amenities (size, reliability, comfort).

Guess I missed the FD being gone. Sorry 'bout that David.

Having driven both at the track..the Z06 was as quick as your car on better tires and driven at a higher (and someone idiotic) level. The 'vette was impressive for no more than was done to it but I still don't think it had the potential of the FD if they're similarly modified. Hard to make up for that 300+ lbs on the track.

Having said that, I'd still own the 'vette first though as a track rat :D

Andy

and the Z06's hold better in the rain:p

FYI mine tipped the scale at 3050lbs

hahah....yes AJ the Z06 definitely owned all in the rain.

my FD without p/s, a/c, and other light options but still full interior and absolutely full of gas (without me in it) was 2700lbs even. This was still with the spare and bose in the back as well.