Big particle collider repairs to cost $21 million

HAOLE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly does that work I am not up to date on that roadway.

It was more a flippant statement on my part than anything. This particle collider is thought to be key to understanding a number of fairly important scientific theories and so forth, including the Big Bang theory (i.e., the notion that, basically, the universe was created in association with a massive explosion - or a really "big bang" - of particles that, after the explosion, spread out and formed things like stars and planets and all that good stuff). Saying that it will prove creationism wrong is just a way to get fundamentalist-Christian-types all worked up; every sane person knows that the theory of Creationism (i.e., that God created the world in seven days) ceased to be a viable scientific theory a long time ago.

weak statement, I wont prove either way. Did you forget the scientific method?

Nothing in science is ever proven "correct," it's just never proven incorrect. It's called the null hypothesis. If you're going to be this wrong this early on in the conversation, then I can't guarantee I will bother to respond to your nonsense.

It was more a flippant statement on my part than anything. This particle collider is thought to be key to understanding a number of fairly important scientific theories and so forth, including the Big Bang theory (i.e., the notion that, basically, the universe was created in association with a massive explosion - or a really "big bang" - of particles that, after the explosion, spread out and formed things like stars and planets and all that good stuff). Saying that it will prove creationism wrong is just a way to get fundamentalist-Christian-types all worked up; every sane person knows that the theory of Creationism (i.e., that God created the world in seven days) ceased to be a viable scientific theory a long time ago.

I don't think you can grasp anything other than taking a side in the creationist vs. Big Bang argument. The Hadron Collider is also being looked to in order to discover explanations or proof of string theory. If string theory were theoretically possible, than other dimensions are possible, making other beings or worlds possible. This goes higher than a simple Christianity vs. science debate.

I told you so!!!!!!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3728/failboatlg0.jpg

I don't recall what it is you "told us". However, I'm fairly confident you had something to do with it. :asshole:

PS - I didn't cuss at you. I paid the smiley a dollar to do it for me. Take it up with him. :asshole: Hmm, that must've been a freebie. :D

I don't recall what it is you "told us". However, I'm fairly confident you had something to do with it. :asshole:

PS - I didn't cuss at you. I paid the smiley a dollar to do it for me. Take it up with him. :asshole: Hmm, that must've been a freebie. :D

I do recall Rick said it would either break or prove nothing in its first year of life or something like that. So, technically, he was right. :mad:

I don't think you can grasp anything other than taking a side in the creationist vs. Big Bang argument. The Hadron Collider is also being looked to in order to discover explanations or proof of string theory. If string theory were theoretically possible, than other dimensions are possible, making other beings or worlds possible. This goes higher than a simple Christianity vs. science debate.

First, I don't understand your first sentence. Second, I never said this had anything to do with Christianity versus science.

Nothing in science is ever proven "correct," it's just never proven incorrect. It's called the null hypothesis. If you're going to be this wrong this early on in the conversation, then I can't guarantee I will bother to respond to your nonsense.

Wow. My life has ended Johnny Bravo may not respond to me. Oh no, what shall I do.

Do you seriously think I care? I am not the 22 yo kids on this board that swing your nuts thinking you are "like really cool". You don't impress me at all. Have a good day. :D

My quote

Multi-billion dollar failure coming soon.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=726975#post726975

Wow. My life has ended Johnny Bravo may not respond to me. Oh no, what shall I do.

Do you seriously think I care? I am not the 22 yo kids on this board that swing your nuts thinking you are "like really cool". You don't impress me at all. Have a good day. :D

Wow, seriously, that's it? Taking your metaphorical ball and going home, I guess. Okay, but I had hoped for some thought-provoking dialogue, honestly. *shrug* You have a good one too, Rick.

How exactly does 25m repair = a multi billion dollar failure?

Well within the the budget. Also not a big deal, considering the scale of the project.

I also find it funny that you shout "fail" at a group of people that are smarter than you, better educated than you, better paid than you, have accomplished more in life than you, and will end up having a greater impact on the history of man than you can ever hope to.

Juss'sayin

How exactly does 25m repair = a multi billion dollar failure?

Well within the the budget. Also not a big deal, considering the scale of the project.

I also find it funny that you shout "fail" at a group of people that are smarter than you, better educated than you, better paid than you, have accomplished more in life than you, and will end up having a greater impact on the history of man than you can ever hope to.

Juss'sayin

You are just sore that I was right... I said it would fail and it did. Now just admit i was right. :D