Favorite Handgun ?

thorne

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vances has or will have a sale on police trades. I heard Block 21's and Block 22's if they have any left -can't go wrong for the $350 or so they want. Now isn't a good time to buy though. Osama has really caused a frenzy in the firearms world now, so wait a few weeks for shit to die down.

do want.

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetcoh.gamespy.com/images/history/luger.jpg

here's my g/fs grandpa's collection someone photographed years ago. he has like 97 of them

http://www.grenadier352nd.com/html_pages/weapons/luger_collection/hobnails.html

the 41 krieghoff he said is worth ~$50k

Well I think you said you wanted a revolver but it's hard to tell since everyone kept suggesting semi-autos. I'm a revolver guy at heart and have a few and have shot many more. My favorite is my Colt Anaconda but I wouldn't call it cheap to shoot. The older S&W's don't handle hot hand loads well from my experience but my Colt and the Super Redhawk will take anything you can throw at them. If you are looking for a cheap single action cowboy style look at a Ruger Vaquero (sp). I had one for a while and it was a nice shooter but it meant more to someone else than it did me so I sold it.

My next handgun will be a homebuilt AR15 shortie.

desert eagle .50

Seriously? Yeah, it's fun to shoot, and will shoot through a propane tank, but are you kidding? Hefty recoil, very expensive to shoot, and totally unpleasant to carry more than a short walk. I guess it's great if that's what you want. And much cheaper to shoot in .44 mag.

• 2 weeks later...

That I've shot - Either a Wilson Combat 1911 or an H&K Mark 23 with a supressor on it.

That I own - I'd say either one of my Glocks. I have 100% faith they'll work everytime. I do enjoy my S&W .357 wheel gun aswell as my Baretta 92F. I'm used to the Baretta from Uncle Sugar issuing them to us. I'm really needing to try the FN five seven and the Sig 220 again.

i havent shot a ton of different handguns, but from what i have shot..

I prefer either a glock or the HK usp.

we have a glock 22, and we love it, ill be picking up either a glock 23 or 19 eventually.

and if i end up with a CCW either a 26, or the 36 slimline

i really like the feel of the glock, its very lightweight, fits the hand nice, throw a nice hogue handall grip cover and it makes it even better. Plus its simple to field strip which is a big plus!

I have two S&W 4506 one I used to carry for work, shoots nice but weighs a ton. Now I carry the S&W M&P 40 love it, much lighter and carries more ammo. I also carry S&W CS9, lightweight and compact for a nine shoots awsome wife used it for her CCW class.

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously? Yeah, it's fun to shoot, and will shoot through a propane tank, but are you kidding? Hefty recoil, very expensive to shoot, and totally unpleasant to carry more than a short walk. I guess it's great if that's what you want. And much cheaper to shoot in .44 mag.

I enjoyed shooting it, big enough to use during deer season, I didn't mind the recoil much, and they make holsters so you don't have to hold it in your hand all the time :)

that said its out of my price range for now :(

desert eagle .50

my buddys dad owns a gun store up here buy me and they are pretty cool about us trying out guns.. ive put about 15 rounds through one of these....

and absolutely cant wait to have the money to buy one.

as far as my favorite gun... probibly my glock 19 .. compact and i carry it everywhere.

although thats going to change ... i just shot about 400 rounds through a glock 21 and i kinda like it.....but i am going to try a glock 20 tmr (10 mm)

anything made buy glock has my backing...they are awsome....

although siggs are sweet.....

lol or myb a glock 18 if you can find one lol.