Hell with Ford/GM

Putty

they need to restructure they plan. Get out of the union bullshit where they paying guys 40/hr to do a 10/hr job. And get their act together.

They can't fail, but if they government lets them, everyone will be fucked. The stats are 1 out of every 10 ppl are related to working for those companies or companies that supply them. The entire market will crash.

I was watching CNN this morning as they showed Rick Wagoner telling the Senate why they needed a bailout. I thought to myself "I wonder where he's staying in Washington, I'll bet it's not a Motel 6. It's probably in a suite in the nicest hotel in the city." You know what, they SHOULD be staying in a Motel 6 and flying coach to beg for our money.

They can't fail, but if they government lets them, everyone will be fucked. The stats are 1 out of every 10 ppl are related to working for those companies or companies that supply them. The entire market will crash.

Sorry...I don't believe that. There's no way a car company is the foundation of our economy.

Everyone thinks they can get one now since a lot of the banks got them.

They need help but they seem unwilling to make the changes neccessary to help themselves. I'm on the fence on this bailout because I believe they might not make it on their own and have proven that but I don't think they're deserving of it and will not learn from it.

Also will the government do the right thing with the bailout and make sure the companies do the right thing with the money? Not likely but I sure hope so if they give them "Our Money".

Sorry...I don't believe that. There's no way a car company is the foundation of our economy.

It is. Sadly. If all big three failed, the results would send this country into another Great Depression.

Everyone thinks they can get one now since a lot of the banks got them.

They need help but they seem unwilling to make the changes neccessary to help themselves. I'm on the fence on this bailout because I believe they might not make it on their own and have proven that but I don't think they're deserving of it and will not learn from it.

Also will the government do the right thing with the bailout and make sure the companies do the right thing with the money? Not likely but I sure hope so if they give them "Our Money".

just to clarify:

EVERY bank will receive some funds from the $700B bailout

just to clarify:

EVERY bank will receive some funds from the $700B bailout

Its around 900B now btw and with all the pork on the side its over a trillion.

On topic: I cannot believe that these people would do that crap. They really dont care about their company I guess.

Hmmm, I need to research this.

its not just the auto manufactor. its the suppliers, the parts stores, the service shops, parts manufactors, aftermarket companies that do sunroofs, leather upgrades everything. Also the banks will start to go under do to lack of profit from auto loans.

its not just the auto manufactor. its the suppliers, the parts stores, the service shops, parts manufactors, aftermarket companies that do sunroofs, leather upgrades everything. Also the banks will start to go under do to lack of profit from auto loans.

Yep, the snowball effect is insane. Whole towns would fold overnight as well.

3 million DIRECT jobs would be lost, the amount of indirect jobs and retirees flooding the market having to go back to work because they lost their retirement pension (well, federal max) could put the number around 6-7 Million unemployed.

Actually, the banks won't be hurt because people aren't buying any particular brand. They'll be hurt because all of those people employed by the auto industry will be out of the new car market, regardless of what brand they might have bought.

BTW, has anyone seen video of the execs getting off their planes? I'm gonna bet they had a bunch of lawyers flying with them. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they were probably conducting meetings and hammering out their paperwork, speeches, debate points, etc. the entire flight. You can't do that on a commercial flight. And let's be real, do you honestly think that those executive jets make even a drop in the bucket when it comes to GM and Ford's budgets?

How about the retied GM CEO Roger Moore making 1.1 million a year in retirement...He has to deserve that for all the good things he did for general motors...

The problem with re-structuring is who is going to do it, I certainly don't want the democrats powering the unions back up and hiring their guys...And I dont like big government, so I hate the idea of government picking who goes where... That is a big joke as well.

This has not been happening over night, they have spirled like this for 35 years! Watch the documentary Michael Moore did on GM.

Japan has bailed their auto industry out, they realize its importance, we will to. You wait.

I agree. Basically if they fail Michigan will fall off the map and people will just move into other industries in time. Won't see any real impact here or in 99% of the country no matter what the doomsday guys are thinking up.

Besides toyota and honda will just have to fill the vacuum with more US factories.

I agree. Basically if they fail Michigan will fall off the map and people will just move into other industries in time. Won't see any real impact here or in 99% of the country no matter what the doomsday guys are thinking up.

Besides toyota and honda will just have to fill the vacuum with more US factories.

:gtfo:

BTW, has anyone seen video of the execs getting off their planes? I'm gonna bet they had a bunch of lawyers flying with them. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they were probably conducting meetings and hammering out their paperwork, speeches, debate points, etc. the entire flight. You can't do that on a commercial flight. And let's be real, do you honestly think that those executive jets make even a drop in the bucket when it comes to GM and Ford's budgets?

I heard them get an earful for flying in on company jets too. Funny as hell...."couldn't you have down-graded to first class? or jet-pooled?"

I don't buy the bullshit they need co. jets, etc...fuck that. Work at home or extra time at the office if you need to get speaches and shit done.

It's time everyone starts setting examples by "doing the right thing." Every penny counts and they sure as hell don't need to be making millions in salaries or flying in co. jets if they are about to ask for a loan. They are as bad as so many of my wife's bankruptcy clients who feel they are "entitled" to things and luxury items as they too go belly up. Sorry...time to eat beans and buy suites off the rack guys....or go belly up and enjoy the bed you made.

I say let them fall. If others go with them, so be it. We as a country need to hit bottom to make any changes so I say, let's get it over with and let's start with the car companies going down one by one. Maybe we'll start over and do it right this time.

If the car manufacturers want a bailout go to the fucking oil companies. They go hand in hand and they surely have the money to loan them.

I'm prepared for it...bring it on!

Ah, gee wizz, I guess they'd just have to work at the office or at home like 99.9999999% of the rest of America.

Yea, the airplanes may not make a drop in the bucket of their failing companies - but for crying out loud, eat a little humble pie when you're begging for our money.

not only that, but these same suppliers also supply many other manufacturers. one company goes down, the supplier goes down, which could potentially bring another company down, which brings down other suppliers, and potentially other companies, etc. sorry, but i dont think its worth that risk just to prove a point. really, why else wouldn't you want them to get a bailout? its to prove a point, and that is it. and im not so convinced that what i just said isn't a possibility like many in here some to be.

Guest 614Streets

Its the foundation but it doesn't need to be. Its just who's guess what else could or would be. IMO.