Anybody Else Watching OSU vs Oaklahoma?

TTQ B4U

This has got to be one of the better games all year. I'm an OSU fan both in Buckeye and Cowboys terms, and I'd love to see them upset the Sooners :D

Damn good game so far. Defenses suck, but the offenses both want this win bad.

I am. this game is crazy. its going to the last minute before its decided.

I'm so tired of the damn OU band and fight song after that game.

I was flipping between this game and the USC/Notre Dame game, I heard basically the same song on both channels!! They sound too much alike.

Gee, look, guess who will play in the Rose Bowl?? Another home game for USC..... :rolleyes: Go Penn State!!

I was flipping between this game and the USC/Notre Dame game, I heard basically the same song on both channels!! They sound too much alike.

Gee, look, guess who will play in the Rose Bowl?? Another home game for USC..... :rolleyes: Go Penn State!!

Why would you even watch the USC/ND game?

I loved how ESPN talked about it all day like it was going to be a game... blind ND media love FTMFL.

Watched the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game as well as the Oregon/Oregon State game. Oregon State losing will almost assuredly allow Ohio State to get an at-large BCS bowl big, so that was great to see. The Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game was great. So, who do you guys think should represent the Big 12 South in the championship game against Missouri - Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas Tech?

I think I'm with you, Berto - Texas would be my pick to represent the Big 12 South. Their quality win - beating Oklahoma on a neutral site - is better than Oklahoma's quality win - beating Texas Tech at home. Also, Texas' loss - losing in the last seconds to Texas Tech at Texas Tech - is more "quality" than Oklahoma's loss, which was on a neutral field. Not to that say that I can't mount an argument for Oklahoma to be the Big 12 South representative, it's just that if I had to pick using the flawed system that's in place, then I'd pick Texas.

Also, while we're conjecturing, anyone want to take a shot at predicting the BCS bowl matchups?

I was hoping TTU would get it, but they dropped way too far after the OU loss. I think because OU played the last game on a national stage, they'll jump ahead of Texas in theBCS rankings and therefore get the big12 south bid. I think its stupid that they use bcs rankings to split a 3-way tie though, keep it in the conference.

I was hoping TTU would get it, but they dropped way too far after the OU loss. I think because OU played the last game on a national stage, they'll jump ahead of Texas in theBCS rankings and therefore get the big12 south bid. I think its stupid that they use bcs rankings to split a 3-way tie though, keep it in the conference.

First, I agree - using BCS rankings to split a three-way tie is silly. Of course, the BCS itself is a little silly, but that's simply preaching to the choir, I think.

Second, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that Oklahoma was already ahead of Texas in terms of the human polls; Texas held a lead in the BCS rankings based on the computer polls. With the win over Oklahoma State, Oklahoma - if it holds the same amount of human poll votes this week as it did last week - should vault over Texas in the BCS rankings based on the bump it will receive in its computer rankings. Basically, it's going to come down to pollsters to determine who - Oklahoma or Texas - gets into the Big 12 title game.

bama vs tx or ou

then FL will get either TX or OU

USC and PSU

OSU vs non bcs

http://r6-forumz.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Unfortunately you gotta get cincy and the acc champ in there too. Which is crap, they're all terrible this year, I'd rather see boise state and ball state

bama vs tx or ou

then FL will get either TX or OU

USC and PSU

OSU vs non bcs

http://r6-forumz.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

I agree that the National Championship game is going to feature either Florida or Alabama (i.e., whoever wins the SEC championship game). The loser of that game then probably gets an invite to BCS game too.

I also agree that the National Championship game will likely feature Texas or Oklahoma (i.e., the winner of the Big 12 South, who will be a favorite to beat Missouri in the Big 12 championship game).

If taking it a step further, then my prediction for the National Championship game is this: Florida versus Oklahoma.

Penn State gets the Rose Bowl, and I think USC, who will likely beat UCLA next weeks, wraps up the other Rose Bowl slot. Thus, for the Rose Bowl, we'll have Penn State versus USC. That USC takes that spot is huge for OSU; with USC in the at-large pool, OSU probably doesn't make it in to the BCS.

Here's where it gets a little blurry for me, as I don't know in what order the other BCS bowls pick for who gets to go where. I know the ACC will have it's representative, and Cincinnati is there to represent the Big East. So, for the sake of simplicity, let's say Boston College wins the ACC, and let's match them up against Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl. So, three bowls down, two to go: the Sugar and the Fiesta.

Utah automatically gets a BCS bid, so let's put them in the Fiesta Bowl. That leaves one slot open there and two slots open in the Sugar Bowl. Available teams left at this point would include Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, Texas Tech, and Boise State. I don't think there's any conceivable way Boise State or Texas Tech gets picked as an at-large bid over Ohio State, Texas, or Alabama, especially when those at-large bids are all about bringing in money. So, I'm ruling out Boise State and Texas Tech, leaving Ohio State, Texas, and Alabama to fit - quite neatly! - into the three remaining slots. I think Ohio State matches up well with any of those teams - Texas, Alabama, or Utah (as opposed to matching up against, say, Florida or Oklahoma, either of which would likely run all over Ohio State). So, to bring my predictions to a close, here's what I'm going with in the Fiesta and Sugar:

Fiesta: Utah vs. Texas

Sugar: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Self-Update: I just learned about the selection rules/order for the BCS bowls. If a BCS bowl loses it's automatic tie-in to the National Championship game, then they get first choice for a replacement. After that, the order of selection goes Fiesta, Sugar, and Orange.

I will say the Championship will be between Florida and Texas, Florida will roll due to the fact that the Big 12 is all offense and no defense.

I think it will be Florida vs Texas for the title game (or Oklahoma, but I think Texas will pull through). Moreover, I think Florida will win the title game, as much as I hate to admit it. I just hope Tebow doesn't get the Heisman, grr.

Good, hopefully enough important people bitch and complain and we get a playoff.

I'm fully expecting - and hoping - for Texas Nation to cry foul from now until their bowl game. (Also, there's a chance should Texas destroy their bowl opponent - which could be Ohio State, BTW - they could make a claim to share the National Championship, if they can get the AP vote.)

I'm fully expecting - and hoping - for Texas Nation to cry foul from now until their bowl game. (Also, there's a chance should Texas destroy their bowl opponent - which could be Ohio State, BTW - they could make a claim to share the National Championship, if they can get the AP vote.)

Good god ... fucking co-champs. Only in college football. Sadly.

rumor has it, if missouri knoks off OU in big12 game, then texas could go to NC game, Which i think is total bullshit, you need to win your conference to go. georgia didn't go last year, michigan didn't go 2 years ago. But I would love to see a mizzou upset