Help! Information/Input needed

Brandon

I am in the midst of finishing one of my degrees at OSU, and I am doing some case study works in E commerce, specifically in automotive parts (obviously its what im doing right now).

My questions -

What is your favorite online store to purchase auto parts from? Please just your top 3 sites.

Why do you like using that store? Checkout easy? Color scheme? ect.(im looking for feature type responses here)

How often do you visit the site on average? And why, bored, check for sales, new products, videos?

Those are three main questions I have for the community here, I have a lot of data already collected but I am trying to localize my information. Thanks

-Brandon

when i built the camaro i bought most of my stuff from www.detroitspeed.com there products are top notch, made in the USA by car buffs. they are also more than helpful and will talk for hours on the phone and bend over backwards to help make something work.

i use jeg's website alot get find the parts i want some most of the people that work there can't understand what it is i want.

sorry thats all i have for you, i know what i want and where to find it so i don't look around much on website stores.

http://www.speedinc.com competitive pricing plus free shipping over 100 and what doesn't cost over 100 on these cars.

http://www.summitracing.com because of the availability, having the parts next day and also because of the intrest free credit card that I hav for them.

http://www.ebay.com because no matter what it is, I can usually find it there and for less. Plus paypal is a breeze.

SummitRacing.com, because I hate Jegs, their site is easy to navigate, and it states very clearly when the parts will ship and from where. I use them whenever I can, and I check the site for whatever I'm thinking about not just certain things.

ThunderRacing.com, super easy to navigate, great service, use them a lot. Excellent customer service.

I check some other sites for prices and really like them. Just LSx specific stuff TexasSpeed.com, LS1Speed.com.

I really don't buy a lot of parts for my corolla from online businesses because they usually have nothing for my application/car. Most of it is found by online auctions such as Ebay and Classified sections on the forums.

My VW is another story, I have one place I specifically shop at:

http://www.ECStuning.com

- VERY wide selection of parts/tools that I need with decent prices and they have a good knowledge about everything they have to offer. No preference on looks and etc of the site, however it is very easy to navigate.

1. Texas-speed.com, speedinc.com

2. I use them because they are the cheapest i could find on most of the parts anywhere. Plus they have their own products for cheaper than name brand part. The guys i talked to there were very helpful in trying to get the car to be what i want. They would suggest parts that would work good with my setup and budge.

3. When i had money i would check it a couple times a week for an hour or so to see how much all the parts were going to be. Now that it is winter and I'm onto other things I havn't been to the site in months.

I first and foremost use ebay. I like that I can usually find what I am looking for and typically it is cheaper than anywhere else. I dont necessarily look at quality in my parts. Mainly lookingto get whatever vehicle back up and running as cheaply as possible. However I wont wait for basic parts which can easily be found at a local parts store. If it is cheaper to run down to napa, than wait on ebay's auctions and to pay shipping, the decision is easy.

My VW is another story, I have one place I specifically shop at:

http://www.ECStuning.com

- VERY wide selection of parts/tools that I need with decent prices and they have a good knowledge about everything they have to offer. No preference on looks and etc of the site, however it is very easy to navigate.

Agreed on the ECS Site. I'll still give the local guy the first shot on something as long as they're close to the same price and availability as ECS (usually next day since they're in cleveland). Luckily I've got a hookup at byers too if I need a dealer-only part but I try not to abuse that privelage

Andy

1. DIYAutoTune.com, 2. TwosRUs.com, 3. columbus.craigslist.org

1. I like going there because, in addition to just selling the Megasquirt, they have technical guides about how people have installed it in different vehicles with different applications.

2. Great store, great service. I don't buy performance parts for the MR2 anymore, but when I did, they were always helpful and had great deals on stuff. I usually just go look there when I am bored.

3. The service on this one can be kind of sketchy (lol). I buy lots of crap on here, including cars and car parts. Most of the time, I just look when I am bored though.