K5 K6 Suzuki gsxr 1000 frame recall

attackpainter

i mean it's pretty obvious that their cracking in examples of abuse, and out side their design limitations. Oh well.

Had a kid last year at Mid-Ohio have a simple low side. Typical and a deal that any other bike would have made it through fine. Broke the frame right at the weld.

There's an undeniable issue most likely in design vs. welding... Whatever you wish to call it, it isn't due to abuse most the time. There's an issue and Suzuki has decided to do something about it.

Had a kid last year at Mid-Ohio have a simple low side. Typical and a deal that any other bike would have made it through fine. Broke the frame right at the weld.

There's an undeniable issue most likely in design vs. welding... Whatever you wish to call it, it isn't due to abuse most the time. There's an issue and Suzuki has decided to do something about it.

Well then so be it, just until now I've not heard of and issue other than 'I was dpi g a stoppie' I was hit a curb @ 60' ' I hit a cow' 'I was doing a wheelie' so I never thought there was a serious issue other than abuse.

• 3 weeks later...
If you're ridding one I'd park it........

-Frame recall campaign number 2A08

Say what you want about Ducatis, at least they don't snap in half.

That was from a crash, too. BUT, that one has frame breaks at the welds, but look at rider's left. That ain't from weak welds or whatnot - that's a break from impact...

A Ducati wouldn't have possibly broke, but it would have had some frame isssues and certainly front end issues...