Let's get Rick fired up!

SpaceGhost

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you've resorted to insinuating that I'm gay? Wait, first metrosexual, now gay? What's next, will you call me a girl? I bet you will, and you'll do it in a really cool, vague way, one that will thoroughly confuse me, leaving me bewildered and wondering just how I could have been so soundly humbled by your verbal prowess.

Three eek smilies for you, Master of Words.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Being as smart as you think you are, I assumed you know that metrosexuals can be gay, straight or bi. They sound more like a bunch of closet sodomites to. Brutal honesty sometimes hurts. Man up and get some testosterone back.

"The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music, psychologist(Sorry, just had to add that) and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere.

"For some time now, old-fashioned (re)productive, repressed, unmoisturized heterosexuality has been given the pink slip by consumer capitalism. The stoic, self-denying, modest straight male didn't shop enough (his role was to earn money for his wife to spend), and so he had to be replaced by a new kind of man, one less certain of his identity and much more interested in his image – that's to say, one who was much more interested in being looked at (because that's the only way you can be certain you actually exist). A man, in other words, who is an advertiser's walking wet dream."

Simpson, Mark. (July 22, 2002). Meet the metrosexual. Salon.

Being as smart as you think you are, I assumed you know that metrosexuals can be gay, straight or bi. They sound more like a bunch of closet sodomites to. Brutal honesty sometimes hurts. Man up and get some testosterone back.

I hated my class on psychodynamic theory. It was some 700-level course taught by this frail looking lady with outdated glasses and bad hair. Anyway, I hated it mostly because the class was about Freud and all of his really stupid ideas. Like how all humans are controlled by these ultra-powerful unconscious forces, which he gave silly-sounding names, like the "id." And how Freud said that people had all these really weird defense mechanisms that they used all the time, like "reaction formation," which is supposedly when a person acts in a way that is the extreme, but exact opposite, way they really feel on the inside as a means of defending against those feelings and portraying themselves to the outside world as something they are really not. So, you know, the thinking goes that if all a person, say, talks incessantly about all the bad things about homosexuality and how bad gays are and so forth, then it's a pretty good bet - at least according to Freud - that the person doing all that talking is struggling with strong urges of homosexuality themselves, or something like that. Anyway, that crap never made much sense to me, so I just did my work, got my A and got out of there, and vowed to never think about Freud and all his crazy ideas that could never be remotely accurate ever again.