98 z28 wipers

STEVE-O

I am pretty sure but I want to double check on this one

My windshield wipers keep staying up on the windshield and will not go down when you turn them off. I am pretty sure it is the wiper motor but I want to double check before I replace it. does anyone have any ideas? or am I right? thanks

Not the motor. It's the parking circuit on the motor housing cap.

The cap contains several resistors, each one representing a certain delay speed for the intermittent function and one representing the park circuit (letting the wipers down back down when off).

You can either get the cap assembly w/ board from the dealership (expensive) or from a junkyard, which I believe 93-02 all swap around. Be prepared, this is PITA repair since the motor assembly sucks to get to.

Not the motor. It's the parking circuit on the motor housing cap.

The cap contains several resistors, each one representing a certain delay speed for the intermittent function and one representing the park circuit (letting the wipers down back down when off).

You can either get the cap assembly w/ board from the dealership (expensive) or from a junkyard, which I believe 93-02 all swap around. Be prepared, this is PITA repair since the motor assembly sucks to get to.

Never actually seen an f-body wiper assembly apart, but there are more to these things then just the motor. I have seen on other GMs were the parking tab gets bent and it'll do the same thing as described. I really doubt it's just the motor. Anthony has had these apart he knows what he's talking about.

thanks i think i am going to have my old boss do it while i upgrade to drilled and slotted brakes.

hopefully that is the problem. and it will be cheaper cause i can get the store discount from napa

I am pretty sure drilled and slotted rotors wont fix your problem.http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/new/character0293.gif

I am pretty sure drilled and slotted rotors wont fix your problem.http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/new/character0293.gif

im pretty sure i said while i upgrade to those. meaning along with. also. in addition to.

if you go to a dealer (coughRicartChevycough) then its called a wiper cover. and IIRC they are about 70 bucks.

they said 125 and they have to oder it.

I took the hit and made sure I got a new one mcdorman had it for 130 and got it today.

should have done what most people on here do and bought it through me with my discount. even if i had them pick it up from mcdorman it still would have saved you alot of money.

o well now I know that for next time lol

o well early christmas gift. I sent ant a pm do you ahve a pic of where this is located. I cant seem to find a good diagram of it I can only find the motor.

or even a pic of a engine bay with a arrow to it or something. I lokoed briefly but did not see exactly where it was

i replaced the cover only took about a half hour or so. the motor works fine otherwise it would not move them at all. and now they will stay down if i put them down i think ant is right it is a problem in the steering column i am going to tear into that this weekend and see what i can find.