Any thoughts/comments on a 2006 Audi A4 2.0t 6sp

Rustlestiltskin

I've been looking at a diferent route the last few monthes and wanted to get something with

a) awd

b)4dr sedan

c) luxury

My rx8 doesn't fall into those catagories and recently I've been looking at a 2006 audi A4 2.0t 6sp. I've found one with around 50k on it for a good deal and I wanted to know what you guys think of this car. Whats the pros/cons of this model/yr car along with what to look for and be weary about .

I know Jones and a few others Audi guru's will chime in here to give me they're wisdom since i'm an Audi noob. thanks in advance guys

-Paul :cool:

PS: a 2004 rx8 grandtouring winning blue 6sp w/ 37k will be up for sale asap.

Mint condition

Mine has been crazy reliable. The shocker is the fuel economy which only gets better with mods.

The car in my sig is the 06. If you can, find an S-Line comes with all of the little niceties that you might add later. Still get lots of compliments/looks and they are really easy to work on and parts are cheaper than other audi's.

I plan on keeping the A4 indefinately. Normally I get bored after a couple years.

Responds quite well to cheapy mods. I got a test pipe and flash = nearly 300ft lbs to all 4.

Let me know if you have other questions, or want to check it out/mods ect.

Jonesy... dont forget to tell him that the audi awd is soooo awesome the car wont go anywhere on all seasons and require snow tires in your opinion :D

Wha?

The car got around on cheapy ASX all seaon's in last's years 20"+ of snow blizzard just fine. I just like Winter-Performance tires. They are much safer when its cold out, and I do ALOT of driving.. :asshole:

Once you get used to driving on winter tires its hard to go back.

They are much safer when its cold out, and I do ALOT of driving. Once you get used to driving on winter tires its hard to go back.

I agree....this is the first time I've had dedicated winter tires....LM-25's....and they are very nice. My wife's minivan came with Michelin all-seasons and today it was kicking in the ABS a lot. Now granted, the roads out there were pretty icy, not just snow covered. However, on the MS3, I had the ABS kick in maybe once...and that was due to my foot and braking. The LM's had great bite in today's slush and ice.

Now I have to get used to rolling away from a stop.....had a little trouble keeping the wheels from spinning.

Back OT....in regards to the A4.....nice car. We had them as a choice for company cars and everyone that took them has been buying them out at the end of the term. They've been that good and that nice.

My wife's 2000 Passat GLX (V6 5-speed manual, FWD) has been an awesome car. Owned it since new, over 90k miles on it...rearended by a drunk driver at over 40mph, car rebuilt...many, many long distance trips, sometimes carrying over 105mph for several minutes at a time (Chicago, NY, Maine, FL) fully loaded...smooth as silk, solid and fun to drive...just did the timing belt myself, and I really got to see how well engineered the car is...easy to work on...great internet support (forums)...

There are better cars, but not ones that do so many jobs so well at the same time.

My wife got her 06 A4 back in March. 24k out the door w/ their 0.9%/0 down/5 year loan (that alone made it harder to pass up). Included the CPO warranty in addition to the factory one as well. Mid-level car - quattro, heated front/rear seats, auto, etc.

It's a comfortable cruiser. The motors on these are very ticky/vibrate a good amount at idle...we drove several, and they are all like that. Handles pretty well. Stability control isn't too intrusive. Decent pep bone stock. Oil filter setup is retarded.

A big part of why she got it is because the compareable year/condition/mileage BMW, Lexus, Infinity, and Benz's simply cost a LOT more, and weren't offering that crazy financing.

My wife got her 06 A4 back in March. 24k out the door w/ their 0.9%/0 down/5 year loan (that alone made it harder to pass up). Included the CPO warranty in addition to the factory one as well. Mid-level car - quattro, heated front/rear seats, auto, etc.

It's a comfortable cruiser. The motors on these are very ticky/vibrate a good amount at idle...we drove several, and they are all like that. Handles pretty well. Stability control isn't too intrusive. Decent pep bone stock. Oil filter setup is retarded.

A big part of why she got it is because the compareable year/condition/mileage BMW, Lexus, Infinity, and Benz's simply cost a LOT more, and weren't offering that crazy financing.

The vibrations that you feel are a symptom of pairing the 2.0T with the Tiptronic Automatic Transmission. The 6mt A4's do not have this vibration, and neither do the DSG cars (A3/GTI). It makes the car louder as well. I noticed the loaner A4's (tip) were all the same as well. It is a well known idiosyncracy with the Tip A4's on audiworld/audizine etc.

With that being said, I used to own a 2006 NON S-LINE Quattro 6-speed (jones is a dick lol)

If you can swing the increase in price DO try to find a S-Line. They look much better, more sporty etc. They add bigger door flares at bottom of doors, S4 like front bumper and larger grille, S4 like trunk lid with larger molded lip spoiler, and painted rear lower fascia. It also adds interior bits that I forget, I believe colored stitched steering wheel, s-line kick plates etc.

The 2.0T engine is great in any platform they put it in. As Jones said, great response to mods, xmas sales of APR chips can usually get you a full chip (93 octane file, valet, 100 octane file etc) for around $700. You can also get cheap test pipes on ebay for like $200 and have 300wtq.

I had mine for 24k miles and only had a small coolant leak because of a broken nipple (lol)

Just some random info, an A4 S-line 2.0T Quattro 6 speed won a C&D AWD Sport sedan comparo against Legacy GT, Volvo S4 T5 AWD, Mazdaspeed 6, BMW 330Xi, Lexus IS250 AWD. Even being 1 second + slower than the 2nd place Legacy, it still won.

They are great cars, and as you can tell, I can't say enough about them. haha