08 Z06 vs. 08 Ford Shelby GT500KR

nurkvinny

I want to see that the 500KR will run w/ some fatty tires or slicks. I bet it would be up there if it could put the power down... Still all in all the GT500 is just too heavy

and 2x the price it should be. Vette's are just timeless too.

2008 Z06 They used costed 76,920

2009 GT500KR 82,395

Not much of a difference when your already paying 75,000. But the vette is a better car. I just wanna see the KR w/ some slicks run against the vette on the 1/4.

$82k for a Mustang with a another Mustang stuffed in the trunk is overpriced. Far better cars for way, way less money. Even an 08 ZO6 on it's second oil change can be had for $20k less.

Now personally, a ZO6 at $76k is a bit high too...but then Vette's have always been fairly pricey, so it someone is acceptable. That said, I'd never in a million years buy a ZO6 brand new when you can pick up used ones for a steal. 07' with 5-10k on the ODO are going for less than $50k asking price....and that's negotiable.

When I buy mine, I'll buy it one to two model years old. With the economy in the shitter, there are already plenty available. Just wait until spring, the market will be flooded with them just in time for warmer temps.

82k stang dosent have independent suspension...justwow

Fuck IRS, I'd rather not jar my spine loose from wheel hop. With the power it's putting down, it would snap the IRS bad. The competition wasn't horribly fair, but I'd personally rather have the GT500. Just looks like a hoot to side step the clutch and roast the tires.

At the same token 4,000lbs vs 3,000lbs. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure power to weight ratio.

Fuck IRS, I'd rather not jar my spine loose from wheel hop. With the power it's putting down, it would snap the IRS bad. The competition wasn't horribly fair, but I'd personally rather have the GT500. Just looks like a hoot to side step the clutch and roast the tires.

At the same token 4,000lbs vs 3,000lbs. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure power to weight ratio.

Cars with IRS are perfectly capable of launching without wheel hop with the proper setup. I think it's sign of saving money and prehistoric engineering.

WTF is with this "if you put slicks on the Mustang."

If you paid a good shop to put a full exhaust on the Z06, big ass cam, tune it, and slicks...you'd still be at less money than the KR. And make a shit-ton more power.

I mean, the Z06 only looks better, handles better, higher top speed, brakes beter, quicker in any acceleration test, costs less, AND gets better gas mileage. I guess the Ford has a back seat. :)

You can make a claim that it is cheaper to get an extra 200-300HP out of the KR, but is it after the price difference? That, and the cost of making the KR do what the Z06 can do is far higher/hard to accomplish.

Besides, the Z06 has the nicer interior, FAR more features (Nav, HUD, pocket key, autodimming mirrors, dual climate control, etc.).

I don't get why anyone would buy the KR.