Street Racing Charge On WBNS 10TV

KillJoy

Even if this forum is being monitored, I don't see how much of it could even actually hold up in court. Seeing as most of it is a lot of people bullshitting. Even if a race was set up online through this website or rc that doesnt mean that it is actually going to happen.

Does that mean that if i set up a race with someone a long time ago and we just happen to be driving next to one another one day and get pulled over im going to be charged with streetracing? I think not.

I am telling you right now that they will use whatever they can get off of here if you are ever caught for any of it.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem that a lot of people are having is that, with this current streetracing witchhunt, is that in this situation, you'd be required to prove your innocence when it should be the other way around.

He's been charged...not found guilty. Ron O'Brian introduce key facts sufficient to show the probability that he committed the crimes. The grand jury's determination was that there is enough evidence that he committed the crimes to justify having a trial...not that he's guilty, but only the probability that he committed the crime. The rest is up to a jury.

Sure he now has to defend himself...but then it's not the fault of the Police, the prosecutor or the grand jury that he was surrounded by evidence pointing to him. It's not as clear as two cars traveling down a road and one crashing...there's tons more to this and we all know it....we don't know the truth, but then the courts aren't saying they know that yet either.

I am telling you right now that they will use whatever they can get off of here if you are ever caught for any of it.

What is sad is in todays society it is not about the truth anymore. It is about what you can prove. There are a lot of innocent people in jail right now and it is very disheartening.

I cant believe it is up to how well a person can present a case as compared to the evidence.

^^^man speaks the truth. if anyone here kills someone and posts are brought up from years ago showing you street racing or even BS'ing about it, it may not be the silver bullet/nail in the coffin of your case, but you can bet it won't do you any favors. especially in the eyes of a jury or a judge.

Something to think about..

Person A is about to race person B. Person B loses traction at the starting point leaving person A to race alone. Now that person B is no longer racing the prosecution has to prove that they were racing to a predetermined "finish line", and/or they would have to prove that the crash happened soon after person B forfeited the race. If there is no predetermined "finish line" then shortly after person B forfeits the race it has to be determined if he still has a part in person A's continued acceleration. (Note: Someone accelerating at a high rate would put a large distance on someone that is coasting or losing speed indicating the race was won unless there was a predetermined "finish line".) At this point if person A decides to continue accelerating is it racing or is it speeding/reckless op?

The prosecution will have their hands full with this one...

• Confused 1

Sam's right. Everyone, please STFU about stuff that could possibly get people into more trouble. To my knowledge, no one on this board is a lawyer, so stop pretending to be.

And because some people can't figure that out, I'm locking this. CR isn't as private as we all would like to think it is, so use some common fucking sense.

Sorry Mike, but I'm going to reopen this as long as it remains civil.

Do we know there's law enforcement on CR? Yes, there always has been. It's called watch your ass. Is it a reason to quit posting? No.

I'm sorry for Brandon, he was a kid caught up in the moment. We've all been there. Some of you need to remember back a few years and also realize it could have been ANY of us.

Keep this clean.

Sorry Mike, but I'm going to reopen this as long as it remains civil.

Do we know there's law enforcement on CR? Yes, there always has been. It's called watch your ass. Is it a reason to quit posting? No.

I'm sorry for Brandon, he was a kid caught up in the moment. We've all been there. Some of you need to remember back a few years and also realize it could have been ANY of us.

Keep this clean.

TRUTH!

KillJoy

Guest tbutera2112
If you knew they were taking your car to race.. yes.

damn... this whole situation kinda gives me a new outlook about street racing...i had fun at the track even though i didnt make a complete pass.... guess it should stay there....i get my license back in march, perhaps ill keep it this time lol

And people wonder why CR has started providing more track days.

I took the car to eight events this year, which is more than the last four years combined. There's good reason for that, especially between George and Linn, they're looking to nail us now for anything.

I don't know Brandon, but I wish him the best of luck. This is just a completely shitty situation on any end. I'm about to make a sig that says *Everything I post on this site is founded in complete fantasy*...I mean idk, the whole "big brother is watching" thing is kinda creepy. We should all definitely try and make it out to track days this year, give this site a nice positive image.

And people wonder why CR has started providing more track days.

I took the car to eight events this year, which is more than the last four years combined. There's good reason for that, especially between George and Linn, they're looking to nail us now for anything.

Weird, haha I was typing up my post when you posted this. It really is great though, the track days I mean. I really wish we could get a track here in Columbus or something within the vicinity.

Something to think about..

Person A is about to race person B. Person B loses traction at the starting point leaving person A to race alone. Now that person B is no longer racing the prosecution has to prove that they were racing to a predetermined "finish line", and/or they would have to prove that the crash happened soon after person B forfeited the race. If there is no predetermined "finish line" then shortly after person B forfeits the race it has to be determined if he still has a part in person A's continued acceleration. (Note: Someone accelerating at a high rate would put a large distance on someone that is coasting or losing speed indicating the race was won unless there was a predetermined "finish line".) At this point if person A decides to continue accelerating is it racing or is it speeding/reckless op?

"playing a cop/lawyer/judge on the internet" I would say:

1. in your first sentence both are guilty of Street Racing according to the ORC. At the very least, B is guilty of reckless op by losing traction/buring out.

2. overall, depending on what the cop saw and determined, they would likely both be cited for racing and it would be up to the power that be.

and for the record if anyone here is worried about getting anyone else in trouble....then perhaps everyone should live by Sams other words and that is to "man-up" to what they do and say or say nothing. if someone is guilty then those that go out of their way to protect them are just as guilty by association (ironic to have this in a post with essencially that as the topic)....of not "manning-up." IMO that's as bad as when everyone pointing the finger at the other person.

Guest tbutera2112
no insurance would not change the other driver would be responsible.

yea, im insured as a driver, my car is not... they wont cover me if im driving a vehicle i own that is not on our policy, so i cant pay for my probe and drive my stang, but if im driving someone elses car and wreck it, its on me... and the only people i have let drive my car i have made sure they are insured first in the event they wrecked it, they would be covering it