Another noob

slow spec v

Hey Ryan did you do the balance shaft removal on your spec?

No, but my buddy Keith (I think his name is turbospec on here) did I think. Shoot him a PM, he had a...turbo'd spec...lol and was doing an engine build before he sold it. He knows those cars inside and out. I can try and help with some things though..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I am! WooHoo! Bitches! You better watch out cuz Im all over this thread now mutha fucka's.

So yeah, if you plan on keeping the car I suggest doing the balance shaft removal. Also, I will have some parts for sale in the next couple months after I put the car back to stock because, I too am on the hunt for a GTO. (Kinda wierd)

I got wheels, drag radials, header, exhaust, intake, sway bars, possibly springs/ struts, and motor mount inserts that I will be willing to sell. Let me know if you would be interested.

TOLD YA!!! :lol:

And the noob is cool! better than the last couple ones!!!

No, but my buddy Keith (I think his name is turbospec on here) did I think. Shoot him a PM, he had a...turbo'd spec...lol and was doing an engine build before he sold it. He knows those cars inside and out. I can try and help with some things though..

Yep, I was making about 280hp on just a basic turbo setup. The engine I had built would have been good for about 500. Sold the whole lot tho and made the switch to my current 04 gtp.

Check the butterlfy valve screws in the intake manifold, (they have a problem of backing out because nissan didnt use locktite on them :rolleyes: ) if they get sucked in your engine, you're fucked.

The balance shaft removal will free up some revs, do that along with a lighter flywheel and she will be very peppy.

Those cars are a blast to drive, welcome to the site!

Yep, I was making about 280hp on just a basic turbo setup. The engine I had built would have been good for about 500. Sold the whole lot tho and made the switch to my current 04 gtp.

Check the butterlfy valve screws in the intake manifold, (they have a problem of backing out because nissan didnt use locktite on them :rolleyes: ) if they get sucked in your engine, you're fucked.

The balance shaft removal will free up some revs, do that along with a lighter flywheel and she will be very peppy.

Those cars are a blast to drive, welcome to the site!

Sucking in a butterfly screw isnt a death sentence though. I sucked one into my number two cylinder the day after installing that balance shaft removal kit. It happened while I was out driving which kinda sucked, it fucked up the spark plug and by the time I got home it had already been crushed up and most of it had already blown out the exhaust side. I just put a new plug in it and she's still kickin. Thanks again for the BSR kit.

Damn Kenny how can you go from having a 87 turbo t, 85 El Camino and an R6. Just don't see too many guys riding an R6 with their mullet blowing in the wind. I just figured that you would ride a harley by looking at the cars you own! :)

You're obviously a clueless douche.

The word I was looking for was STAB, after all Kenny does like Slayer.

WOW,

I give you like 2 points for seriously trying to fit in and throw it around, but you know nothing about anybody except a ricer or two who found their way in here.

RESPECT THE KENNY

If you take anything I say serious, or think that anything you can say will affect me in the least, you're naive.

Two things:

It's laughable that you say my El Camino makes me have a mullet and should be riding a Harley. I picked the El Camino so I could have a fast car to haul a race bike with. Name something cooler, about the only thing I thought of is a Syclone and IMO my El Camino when done will be far cooler than any Syclone. You're probably clueless as to what a LC2 is, so it's all good. Keep putting exhaust tips on economy cars in an attempt to act like you contain any type of automotive knowledge.

My sig is an Artie Lang quote. That said, what's wrong with Slayer? I like all sorts of music, douche.