Friendly weight loss competition?

Aaron

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... wheres the 'competition' in this competition?

I was suggesting either a competition or just an organized support/workout/exercise idea.

But we can add the first person to poop on your jetta wins if that helps you........

Alright, since some have already started, and since this isn't overly formal, does everyone want to start on Monday, the 29th? or Just wait until middle of the week for the 1st of January?

I figured either way, we can have Sundays be the check in day. And for those that are on the list but do not check in, the others on the list will PM them checking up and making sure they are sticking with it.

I will be doing some research on workouts, and dieting tips and post those up when I get them. We can get some more info together this weekend and I can start a fresh thread on Sunday night if we start on Monday or New Years Eve if we start on the first with a list of people that want to go ahead with this, along with a few workouts.

http://www.healthy-eating-made-easy.com/easy-healthy-meal-ideas.html

Some decent healthy meals. Going grocery shopping tomorrow, salmon, pine nuts, spinach, chicken breats, fruit, veggies etc.

Some basic healthy food tips. http://www.freequickrecipes.com/cooking-articles/8-healthy-foods-tips.php

User name/Current weight/Target weight

MKV Aaron/345/260

Benner/315/250

True Blue/290/240

verse/250/220

super_gtp/210/175

FourString/320/XXX

LJ/200/180

copperhead/275/240

Scotty2Hotty/225/195

Tripleskate/185/160

KillJoy/200/185

Awesome, 11 guys, keep them coming. I think this is a great idea. Feel free to post up info you guys use or have found on dieting and working out. :thumbup:

I was suggesting either a competition or just an organized support/workout/exercise idea.

But we can add the first person to poop on your jetta wins if that helps you........

Or the first person to give you a mushroom tatoo on your forehead wins if thats enough motivation?

i kid i kid, why not simply make it based off percentage? That is if you want it to be a competition. Im down with just an organized support system.

Are you sure a healthy dump wouldn't put you at your target weight lol

I was at 230 last Thanksgiving. Not my fault you are late to the game. My loss has all been DIET. I have just cut out the bullshit. Once I get to a resonable weight..... muscle ADDING begins :D

KillJoy

PS - If you really want to get you ass kicked, try P90X. I could not take it for more than a few days. :( I failed. :(

i kid i kid, why not simply make it based off percentage? That is if you want it to be a competition. Im down with just an organized support system.

The fatter you are, the easier it is for you to lose more weight. A 300 guy can drop 30 pounds easier than a 200 pound guy. Percentage is what is "should" be based on. OR, Body Fat drop.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Nice job on the weight loss Killjoy. Keep it up.

As for the competition, a % is the only easy/fair way to do it. I still think a support/info thread would be the most benificial.

I am off to work. I will update the list and start a new thread when I get home from work, about 4AM.

Feel free to post up some diet/workout tips I can incorporate into the new thread.

I'm just going to stop going to McDonalds and fast food in general to start it off. I just need to shock the old motabolism back into what it used to be. Not running every other day, and doing physical work got me fat and lazy. Granted I don't give 2 shits personally about how I look, but I need a healthier lifestyle. The smoking and drinking can stay, I have no problems with either of those.