Friendly weight loss competition?

Aaron

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fatter you are, the easier it is for you to lose more weight. A 300 guy can drop 30 pounds easier than a 200 pound guy. Percentage is what is "should" be based on. OR, Body Fat drop.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Yeah i know. its that immediate shock when you lose a ton of fat right away then it gets really hard just to lose a few. I lost over 50lbs in a matter of months by simply eating a bit better and hitting the treadmill every day.

Im down, HotCarl 230/ 210 ;)

The only hard thing I see is the fact that I recently had surgery on my ankle so running is out of the equation for a while. I'm limited to a fast walk pretty much. Now who's up for Hooters tonight. $1 drafts FTW.

Dont let something like that hold you back. Yet... dont push yourself and reinjure your ankle either. Your best bet would be swimming. ALmost no impact to your joints and even if your form isnt the best you still get a kick ass workout. If you cant swim try the bike, it will be easier on your ankle without the full load of your weight. Just some ideas.

I'm just going to stop going to McDonalds and fast food in general to start it off. I just need to shock the old motabolism back into what it used to be. Not running every other day, and doing physical work got me fat and lazy. Granted I don't give 2 shits personally about how I look, but I need a healthier lifestyle. The smoking and drinking can stay, I have no problems with either of those.

Im the same way. Id offer to hit the gym with you but i think our schedules are way different. And there is no way in hell thats you in that pic. you look like a fucking gorilla, you almost remind me of the 40 year old virgin in the waxing scene. i kid i kid

Im the same way. Id offer to hit the gym with you but i think our schedules are way different. And there is no way in hell thats you in that pic. you look like a fucking gorilla, you almost remind me of the 40 year old virgin in the waxing scene. i kid i kid

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Truth hurts :D

KillJoy

I always said I'm part viking and wear a man sweater all year round. :lol: That was me about a year and a half ago.

User name/Current weight/Target weight

MKV Aaron/345/260

Benner/315/250

True Blue/290/240

verse/250/220

super_gtp/210/175

FourString/320/250

LJ/200/180

copperhead/275/240

Scotty2Hotty/225/195

Tripleskate/185/160

KillJoy/200/185

neonkiller/185/160

HotCarl/230/210

MrAutoX/275/230

mikehaze/225/190

V8Beast/225/200

Thats the updated list.

Also, any kind of time frame on this?? Though it doesn't appear you want a competition but to help each other some kind of time frame for updates might be a good thing.

I was thinking every Sunday would be the "weigh-in/check-in" day.

I am going to start another thread to get things rolling. I am starting on Monday, and going shopping on Sunday! If anyone wants to hit up an unhealthy last meal tomorrow, let me know. I am down.

Yeah i know. its that immediate shock when you lose a ton of fat right away then it gets really hard just to lose a few. I lost over 50lbs in a matter of months by simply eating a bit better and hitting the treadmill every day.

Im down, HotCarl 230/ 210 ;)

That's where I'm stuck. The easy weight is gone, now it's time for the hard part. When it warms up, I'm going to start hitting the bike trail behind my house, start out with a fast walk then move up to jogging. Short of swimming, I'm not sure that there is much else I can do. Low impact weight lifting certainly isn't enough, and I'm way too much of a picky eater to do it strictly through diet.