hay guise

MmSadda

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mike! I appreciate it! I still have mixed feelings about the wing, but it actually does seem to keep the car a little more stable at higher speeds, which is why I wanted it in teh first place.

I must say, your Z looks rather beautiful.

Trowa approves of pictures

Thanks, mang! It was a lot of hard work... I didn't even mention the body work that I had to do to it; I ended up having to put new sheet metal in for part of the driver's side fender and shape it before the first paint job. It was not an easy project, and I have WAY too much into at this point, but I love it.

Yeah, I knew it was a matter of time 'til someone said that... the one I want can be had used for about $1k if I am patient, though. A thousand dollar blower's a nice placeholder 'til I find a better long-term route (read: 20B or 13B-RE with TII transmission and rear end)

A better place holder is a Holley and a lot of dope, Puerto Rico style

oh, and just because it's a big deal for excell, zOMG!!!!!!!!111one There are wommenz on the internetz?!?!? lol que?

Also, to clarify, my car runs slow as shit in the 1/4 mile. I don't even want to go into it.... but I didn't buy it for straightline performance; I bought it for how it handles. :)

Guess what...there's a race tomorrow at dragway 42, you have to dial 20.09, you should go :nod:

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the RX7, and keeping the hatred of the wing to a minimum. :)

Screw the blower rotary junk... 302 or LS1 that thing... Than blower it...
If I was going to bother with a swap, it'd be for a better rotary engine. If someone put a gun to my head, though, and told me to throw a V8 in the car within the next year, I'd put an LS7 in.

A better place holder is a Holley and a lot of dope, Puerto Rico style
psh. the car's normally fuel injected. I intend to keep it that way. (and yes, Camden makes a kit to have a supercharged, fuel-injected 13B 6-port engine)

Wow...that car looked good until I saw the wing. Oh well, to each his own.

Welcome to CR.

Yeah, it's sort of a love-it-or-hate-it thing. It's actually my 2nd favorite spoiler or wing made for 2nd gen RX7s (with my favorite being the RE-Amemiya wing) I actually planned to not put it on 'til the car at least had some sort of forced induction or porting, but since I had the car repainted and had an opportunity to get the wing painted for free, I decided to do it now.

Like a bloated pig?
BWAHAHA! When I first read your post, I wondered what the hell you were smoking. Then I saw you drive a first gen. (p.s. I hope you have an independent rear suspension, if you're going to crack on how FCs handle. ;) ) I know I recognize you from other forums, too.

Welcome I remember u! Good guy sry guys suck at pong :lol: But like the FC but wing has to go and an LS1 needs added!!!
Hey! For some reason, the site isn't loading properly, and I can't see your first name. Who are you?

Hey buddy!!! i wish i would have seen this earlier i would have yelled at u for the pics...or lack there of.
Psh. nice triple post :p Yea, I held off on the pics because I thought I'd need to make a second thread.

Where's this strip you're talking about? and when do the races start, and how much will it cost to race? Speaking of the Corvair, I should take the Corvair down to the race... even bored and stroked, it'll probably run 20.09 if I mash the gas :D

Just 'cuz you asked, here's an old pic of the Corvair. It has larger wheels now (I think 15s instead of 13s)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/collinfoust/Corvair2.jpg?t=1230761288

.....wait...

..........srsly?

.... zOMG A wommenz in teh internetz!!!!!111one

Edited by MmSadda