Random car opinion needed

wnaplay1647545503

Would you rather

A. buy an older c5 corvette that is in great condition ready to drive, and paid for in cash.

or

B. Buy a c6 which needs a little bit of work(roughly a few thousand), paid in cash, costs more, yet might have to sit in the garage for several months until the work can be done.

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well then i guess to me it would depend on price.

yes you may have the same in it as the c5, but i know how you are.. and im the same.

when you buy somethgin you look at resale value.

the c6 wont have much of a resale being salvage title.

weigh your options

c5 pros : can drive it now, dont put any money in it, clear title, better resale

c5 cons : not as nice as the c6, less power

c6 pros: nicer car, more power, newer

c6 cons: salvage title, more money into it, bad resale, a year before you can have it on the road, may get tired of doing the work, may be more money into it then expected

c5, that c6 looks like too much work--salvage title will make it worth squat, and would be next to impossible to get what you need out of it, if you have to sell it.

the c6's are sexy, but that thing is beat. both cars can be made fast as hell, so that is a moot point

Definitely the C5 unless you are going to keep the c6 around. If I was planning on building up the C6 and keeping it around I wouldn't care about the salvage title since I wouldn't be worried about selling. But, I am alot like you and sell soon after I buy. That said Id probably do the C5....If you pass on it, let me know the details....Ive been looking some lately for one too.