How long before NTR closes down???

mrtbolt64

Just browsed the 2009 schedule of National Trail Raceway and there seems to be more events missing this year than from previous years. Link to schedule below.

I know many here dont care for Trails and there poor track prep and slow clean up time but it is our only local track if you are in Columbus, Lancaster, Newark, and surrounding areas.

I just wonder how long the NHRA will continue to operate Trails before it closes which I would really hate to see.

On positive note I did see where the ADRL is coming in for the weekend.

http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=17791&zoneid=45&navsource=Track%20Schedule

I heard the IHRA is wanting to buy it but can't come up with the money. That would be the best thing in my opinion. They would put the money needed into the track and I am sure they would have a National event. It just hasn't been the same since NTR lost the NHRA Pontiac Nationals. Not that I ever raced it but it was fun to go to.

I heard the IHRA is wanting to buy it but can't come up with the money. That would be the best thing in my opinion. They would put the money needed into the track and I am sure they would have a National event. It just hasn't been the same since NTR lost the NHRA Pontiac Nationals. Not that I ever raced it but it was fun to go to.

then trails would look like larue:rolleyes:

Guest Removed
it would be 1/8, personally 1/4>1/8

you have to get the front 1/8 down fast, before you worrie about doing other 1/8:p

how are they going to upgrade it, if they cant even buy it?

this post makes no sense.

The Cooper dragstrip probably won't happen. Greenlawn and Mt. Calvary Cemeteries have asked for noise studies to be done in the area. Plus, Franklin County (which still owns the land, I think) has concerns about liability issues. Yes, it's stupid.

There's a rumor floating that the Mopar Nats may go to Norwalk in 2010 or 2011. I think that is more reaction to the problems with the last few Nats than actual fact at this point.

The Cooper dragstrip probably won't happen. Greenlawn and Mt. Calvary Cemeteries have asked for noise studies to be done in the area.

Uhh, dead people don't hear.

And the rest of that area is a bunch of shit-hole homes next to a freeway. If you live in a shit hole home, that's something you should deal with. If you don't like it, don't live in the ghetto.

I REALLY wish they would do the whole Cooper stadium track thing. I see it being nothing but good for the city. Street racing would drop because there would be no excuse of "no where to go", and the CPD could get involved in a "beat the heat" type of event, and that would be a TON of fun. It probably won't happen, but it would sure be great if it would.

true, but what if your family was having a ceremony there, would you really want to listen to all that crap?

Oddly enough, it wasn't the owners of the cemetery that asked for the noise study. They realize that a dragstrip would NOT be an all day, every day activity, and that those two cemeteries aren't actually burying that many people anymore, being pretty well sold out. It's the BIRD WATCHERS who flock around Greenlawn (sorry, just no other way to say that) that object to the noise.

My mom is a birder, and she thinks the noise wouldn't be a problem for the birds at all. I-70 makes a ton of noise as it is, and the birds are used to that. Realistically, simply making mufflers mandatory is more than enough.