Jeep SRT-8 Trans Fail.

3.1cutlass

I come from an all mopar family lol, I learned everything I know from old school mopar drag racers. While grenading a tranny isn't unheard of, its not just mopar specific as you make it seem. You're lucky I don't know much about ford junk.....well....besides the fact that your car is only fast on spray. :eek:

If you don't know much about "FORD JUNK" then why are referring them.

Everybody knows the best rearend is a ford 9"

If you don't know much about "FORD JUNK" then why are referring them.

Everybody knows the best rearend is a ford 9"

I love it when some hardcore car guy thats not a ford person is listing their mods... well its a 69 camaro its got a 472BBC,powerglide,john case heads FORD 9" hahaha.

I guess after spending all the money on making 900HP and a transbrake no one thought it would be a good idea to fab up a better bellhousing or at least a freaking blanket???

thats what I was thinking where s the scatter shield at??

Guest Removed
I come from an all mopar family lol, I learned everything I know from old school mopar drag racers. While grenading a tranny isn't unheard of, its not just mopar specific as you make it seem. You're lucky I don't know much about ford junk.....well....besides the fact that your car used too only fast on spray. :eek:

fixxed

i could be wrong but i remember sitting around listening to everyone talk about a certain nopar trans would explode in your lap.

now most of your dodges spit trannys like gm's spit intake gaskets.

9" > 8 3/4

c6 > 727

460 > 440

pinto > dart

fixxed

i could be wrong but i remember sitting around listening to everyone talk about a certain nopar trans would explode in your lap.

now most of your dodges spit trannys like gm's spit intake gaskets.

9" > 8 3/4 =Truth, but you forget about the dana?

c6 > 727 =Sure a c6 is strong but losing 75hp turning the tranny ftl.

460 > 440 =How so? RB motors are the shit, you gonna need teh proofs for this statement.

pinto > dart =k-car > mustang 2

Fixtit for ya.

Guest Removed

dana = gayness. nopar didnt make it

75hp my ass. rollerize one and get back to me on that. and its bulletproof.

20ci comparing displacement only.

mustang2 front end is used under more cars then there are k cars

dana = gayness. nopar didnt make it

75hp my ass. rollerize one and get back to me on that. and its bulletproof.

20ci comparing displacement only.

mustang2 front end is used under more cars then there are k cars

1. Its as strong as a 9" Represented as a mopar diff.

2. How much does it weigh? Get back to me on that.

3. Bigger is better right? Sorry, not in this case.

4. A mopar f-body front end was also a popular swap in street rods and such. But you're right, its the most widely used front suspension.

Guest Removed

2.heavyer then a th400. take 2000hp with mostly stock parts.

3. why the hell not? how much stroke can a rb hold? 4.5" here

4.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/funny%20shit/1181592538-20085macro-2_b.jpg

I'm calling b.s on 4 digit horsepower through a stock c6 period. If that was the case, people wouldn't spend 2K+ on a glide. A lot of faster cars could benefit from the extra gear.

Again bigger isn't always better when it comes to motors. 4.15 is the most popular stroker crank. But since you think this way, you should have no problem running my 370 la motor.

Guest Removed
I'm calling b.s on 4 digit horsepower through a stock c6 period. If that was the case, people wouldn't spend 2K+ on a glide. A lot of faster cars could benefit from the extra gear.

Again bigger isn't always better when it comes to motors. 4.15 is the most popular stroker crank. But since you think this way, you should have no problem running my 370 la motor.

frank merkle builds these. if 460ford.com was up i would show you.

and no, alot of cars dont benifit from the extra gear, cause your clicking it before the 60' mark.

remember big foot?(the monster trucks) those are c-6's in those.

and only one part of the trans is prone to breaking. and frank makes a billet drum to fix the issue. and has ran the stock input shaft into the 8.0 zone. push's 1600hp thru his all season long, and only freshens the trans in the winter.

2k on a glide? stock case's dont take this kind of power, you better double that price! and the C-6 dont have a removable bell! heavy, and yes it does rob power. but lets face facts. c-6 vs c-4 c-4 is light and dont rob much power, but they break. easy too.but just like the 727. someone has figured out how to build them and knows every inch of the trans.