Wedding Photographers? Recommendations

theweiser1

Mark Hefner Photography

He did our wedding, as well as a Sis-In-Law, and several family portraits. VERY good guy and VERY easy to work / get along with. He has a sense of humor too!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - Tell him Steve and Heather Jenkins recommend him, and to keep his damn hands off the chocolate covered strawberries at the reception!!! :D

In addition to the photographer, buy about 10 disposable cameras and put them everywhere and ask people to use them. Some of the best wedding photos we got were from those candid, off angle shots. We also had 2 other semi professional friends with cameras that took 100's of shots too.

http://www.reflectionsoflifephotography.com/wedding/index2.php

We used them, and they did a great job. Our rings and my wife's wedding dress are both part of the changing pics on their home page.

Good photographers are pricey, though. I think our package would be 4k now, we got in at a good time and saved a bunch.

You probably want a good photog. If not I'm getting in to the business (wanting to make it my full time job someday), have a good bit of skills/gear, but no experience at weddings yet.

If cheaps your plan then I will hook you up with a lot of stuff just to get the experience at doing the different items people want.

In addition to the photographer, buy about 10 disposable cameras and put them everywhere and ask people to use them. Some of the best wedding photos we got were from those candid, off angle shots. We also had 2 other semi professional friends with cameras that took 100's of shots too.

We did exactly that, and most of the pictures turned out like crap, and people would take pics of retarded stuff. Overall, a big waste of money.

thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate it... we have a place for the reception, Jefferson Country Club, and DJ, and just started working on the photographers within the last few weeks and its really frustrating. I can't believe how much these people want for 1 day of photos. Im tempted to buy a 1-2k camera and do it my self, o wait that wont work .... any ways ... i have some emails out to the people you suggested. Keep the suggestions coming if you know of anyone and thanks for the quick responses....

ps... i told the woman she can no longer bitch about track days and/or being on the forums all night....then got another beer and realized its a moot point and posted this :D

keep in mind that 1 day of their time is just simply to take the photos. post processing and album layout and what not are very time consuming.

Yeah i understand ... but we have looked at packages as high as 9k and others as low as 2k just for the photography..... just the entire expense of a wedding im my opinion is crazy... i was reading some where in the US the average cost of a wedding is 20k ... thats just retarded in my opinion..:rolleyes: ... however i am realizing why after we started to get into this process....

Yeah i understand ... but we have looked at packages as high as 9k and others as low as 2k just for the photography..... just the entire expense of a wedding im my opinion is crazy... i was reading some where in the US the average cost of a wedding is 20k ... thats just retarded in my opinion..:rolleyes: ... however i am realizing why after we started to get into this process....

IMO, photog fees will likely be $2-4k. Our wedding was a total of $12k back in 1997 and that was a very conservative deal. We had a fairly expensive reception with a full Elvis Concert at the former Divinci's. Penny shot our wedding.