Almost tax time...whatcha buying?

Putty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you need to look at your witholdings after reading some of these responses. Why would you want to get such a large refund? Like Jones said "Larger checks to avoid giving the government interest free money". My refund will be little to nothing because I plan accordingly... :nod:

I honestly dont care about giving the government the free money. I wont save that amount over a year. The government allows me the discipline to save it for me me. Sure they reap the rewards of earning interest for free money off of it. But I am not losing anything. The money spent in a large sum or trickled throughout the year is still the same amount of money. It allows me to buy something I normally wouldnt seeing as though there is a significant amount vs the small amount each month. The government uses the money and if it bothered me enough that they already have enough money I would do something about it instead of complaining. So I dont care about the govt's money. I can see your point if people could actually save it. But I dont see anyone who takes the money they would be over paying on taxes and saving it and earning the interest themselves. So I say over pay every year and get the 10k back each year.

I honestly dont care about giving the government the free money. I wont save that amount over a year. The government allows me the discipline to save it for me me. Sure they reap the rewards of earning interest for free money off of it. But I am not losing anything. The money spent in a large sum or trickled throughout the year is still the same amount of money. It allows me to buy something I normally wouldnt seeing as though there is a significant amount vs the small amount each month. The government uses the money and if it bothered me enough that they already have enough money I would do something about it instead of complaining. So I dont care about the govt's money. I can see your point if people could actually save it. But I dont see anyone who takes the money they would be over paying on taxes and saving it and earning the interest themselves. So I say over pay every year and get the 10k back each year.

Exactly how I feel. Plus we are in bad times, I can't save the money so why not let the gov't get some extra money so they can blow it to try to fix the economy.

Maybe put it in savings. I'm saving to pay off my student loans and what I typically get would knock ~1month off at the rate I'm currently saving. So pay off in October instead of November.

Then I get to drink this. http://www.rumreviews.com/?rr=reviews&rums=91

I'm buying a bottle of that and saving it to drink it when I either pay off my student loans. They are only debt I have so that would mean I'm debt free. Or when I get my Senior (ski patrol). Whichever one comes first.

Maybe Wii, new dressers and long weekend trip in April for our anniversary.

I do my own. Nothing more than a W2, one house tax form and few donation forms. 10 something.

taxact.com Cost $29.90, state/fed, taken from refund.

You realize how they do "taken from your refund" don't you? It's a scam. You authorize the IRS to deposit your return into some intermediary bank. They hold the money for another few days, earn interest then deposit the money into your account.