Supercharged S2000 Owner from CBUS

DEADOHIO

Well if I could find a clean 95 like yours for the right price I would be all over it but to tell you the truth I am just looking for a clean looking fast street car with low miles... very little mods will be done to it. I want to be able to put some miles on it. Basic bolt ons.

I will be buying a another s2000 or RX7 to tinker with down the road.

After talking to my insurance company I am leaning towards the e46 due to it being cheaper to insure than what my s2000 was. Have you seen any good deals out there??? Anything I should be worried about like recalls or known service issues? Big differences between a 01 and 02??

The early e46 M3s had a bearing recall on the motor, as long as it was done there's not really much to worry about, but make sure it was done. Other than that, trim options just got better over time. Halfway thru 03' they added LED tail lights which look quite nice, but can be retrofitted to the earlier cars it's just not cheap. I believe in 03 they also added navigation.

I love e36's but I'm not naive enough to claim it to be better than an e46. Don't get me wrong, the e36 is a GREAT car, and it does many things well. In some respects it's more fun to drive than the e46 as well. BUT, it's also starting to show its age design wise in my opinion and a new camry comes with more HP. You'll want to look at how much you intend to drive it though because maintenance on an e46 M3 is much more than an e36 (but this also assumes you didn't buy a beat ass money pit of an e36 which is possible).

Another option you might consider is buying an e46 330 coupe. They look great and still come with 250hp which can be fun. They're pretty much as fast as an e36 M3 and you get the looks and updated features of an e46.

• Confused 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stock s2000 fast......

WEAK., I know why you got neg rep points prolly on that quote alone.

Not as weak as your name.... Neonkiller??? does that mean you drive a powerwheel or geo metro because I am sure both of them could give a neon a run for its money. Come on man 80% of every car ever made is either as fast or faster than a neon. At least change your name to STRKiller or something.

I am not sure what your idea of fast is but if you think being quicker than a neon is fast maybe you should go test drive something with a faster 1/4 mile time than 15 seconds.

For my a car that runs a 13.7 in the 1/4 bone stock is fast. I am not trying to say its amazing or drag worthy but it is fast.

The early e46 M3s had a bearing recall on the motor, as long as it was done there's not really much to worry about, but make sure it was done. Other than that, trim options just got better over time. Halfway thru 03' they added LED tail lights which look quite nice, but can be retrofitted to the earlier cars it's just not cheap. I believe in 03 they also added navigation.

I love e36's but I'm not naive enough to claim it to be better than an e46. Don't get me wrong, the e36 is a GREAT car, and it does many things well. In some respects it's more fun to drive than the e46 as well. BUT, it's also starting to show its age design wise in my opinion and a new camry comes with more HP. You'll want to look at how much you intend to drive it though because maintenance on an e46 M3 is much more than an e36 (but this also assumes you didn't buy a beat ass money pit of an e36 which is possible).

Another option you might consider is buying an e46 330 coupe. They look great and still come with 250hp which can be fun. They're pretty much as fast as an e36 M3 and you get the looks and updated features of an e46.

Thanks for all the input man. Glad someone in here is trying to help me instead of ripping on my old car!

When spring nears I am going to make up my mind or if the right deal comes along before hand I will pull the trigger. My buddy told me about that recall. Is it for both the 01 and 02?

Not as weak as your name.... Neonkiller??? does that mean you drive a powerwheel or geo metro because I am sure both of them could give a neon a run for its money. Come on man 80% of every car ever made is either as fast or faster than a neon. At least change your name to STRKiller or something.

I am not sure what your idea of fast is but if you think being quicker than a neon is fast maybe you should go test drive something with a faster 1/4 mile time than 15 seconds.

For my a car that runs a 13.7 in the 1/4 bone stock is fast. I am not trying to say its amazing or drag worthy but it is fast.

Wich car of mine you wanna dance with first.?.....

Ill drag any of your owned or will own or you have cars around Columbus all day 24/7 street, track or on the interwebs.

Maybe you should check your shit first befor you sell it. Neons aint no joke and I can say for a fact that no s2shitty shell with even a diff motor in it has gone faster than a neon with a 4cyl in it.:gtfo:

fuck Ill even give you the hit.

How bout you take your no racing only lookin good sweet car and join ohio custums they like people who stand by there car and keep it clean and slow!

Like I said, that offer is good all year long.

Wich car of mine you wanna dance with first.?.....

Ill drag any of your owned or will own or you have cars around Columbus all day 24/7 street, track or on the interwebs.

Maybe you should check your shit first befor you sell it. Neons aint no joke and I can say for a fact that no s2shitty shell with even a diff motor in it has gone faster than a neon with a 4cyl in it.:gtfo:

fuck Ill even give you the hit.

How bout you take your no racing only lookin good sweet car and join ohio custums they like people who stand by there car and keep it clean and slow!

Like I said, that offer is good all year long.

WOW.... You Burned me deep.... While I am still in the oven mind you. Good for you!

I do not even know what kind of car you own nor do I care to at this point.

You are dogging on S2000 yet you say neons are no joke??? Did you live under power lines as a child or did your uncle touch your no no zone?

Now if you are talking about a SRT being no joke I will admit it is a pretty fast car but s2000 have way more potential considering they do not even have a turbo stock and can run just as fast of a 1/4 mile time.

If you want to race my ford eco work van to get some respect let me know but till then keep your stupid comments to yourself.

I did not come here looking for trolls so I will no longer feed you... goodbye

It is extremely slow.... I mean lacking a supercharger is one thing lacking a engine and transmission is another!

I feel bad for the guy who has it now. He needs a complete engine, wiring harness, transmission, clutch, flywheel, drive shaft, header, oem fuel pump, intake system, o2 sensors, and a left tail light.

No, I meant it was slow in the picture with the supercharger. Not its current state.

No, I meant it was slow in the picture with the supercharger. Not its current state.

Well if you want to get picky than I should tell you that the car did not have the supercharger on it with those wheels. I sold the wheels and bought the supercharger kit.

Then again you could say that the s2000 is not moving in the picture so y by it not moving than it is slow.

Anyways. Glad to see so many haters on here.

If you are trying to say that supercharged s2000's are slow then clearly you are just a honda hater or retarded.

I am starting to think you guys feel like anything that does not run at least a 12 second flat in the 1/4 is slow.

Welcome! S2000 looked good, man. So what happened after the bodyshop dude spun a bearing joyriding in your shit? Were you able to pin it on them and make them pay for it?

I am starting to think you guys feel like anything that does not run at least a 12 second flat in the 1/4 is slow.

Most guys on here feel that 12's are quick, and you're not "fast" until you're runnin 10's or single digits

Welcome! S2000 looked good, man. So what happened after the bodyshop dude spun a bearing joyriding in your shit? Were you able to pin it on them and make them pay for it?

Most guys on here feel that 12's are quick, and you're not "fast" until you're runnin 10's or single digits

The bodyshop is called xpertauto. They are in Whitehall. Stay away from them at all costs. I am looking into a lawsuit and filing charges against them for theft. Not sure what will come of it but its worth at try.

here lets go over this again. you said you wanted a fast daily driver with bolt ons.

that cannot happen with the car you wanna buy, So you FAIL

Then you go on to say my name is weak, Wrong you FAIL again cause you dont know what I drive or have.

Then you go on to say and proceed to lecture me that a neon is only a 15sec 1320 car=you FAIL once again.

SRT's dont run 15secs and neither does a base model N/A= YOU FAIL

13.7 is not fast=Fail

So far you fail.

I dunno if you forgot but when you come on a racing website and say you like to look at your car and hang out and not race and you have outgrown it what do you think others will think.

I think that you are going to sit next to your car if you even buy it and make sure its shiny and then complain about how much gas is this summer.

You are talking about stock car times and referring to my name that you have no idea whats behind it. But I can tell and know what your about cause you described it in your first post.

And a car that only has the grunt of only 1.8l that can roll with cars of three times its displacement is how I roll deep so bring it.

Well if you want to get picky than I should tell you that the car did not have the supercharger on it with those wheels. I sold the wheels and bought the supercharger kit.

Then again you could say that the s2000 is not moving in the picture so y by it not moving than it is slow.

Anyways. Glad to see so many haters on here.

If you are trying to say that supercharged s2000's are slow then clearly you are just a honda hater or retarded.

Being in the oven sucks :lol: Just tough it out man. You're doing just fine.

here lets go over this again. you said you wanted a fast daily driver with bolt ons.

that cannot happen with the car you wanna buy, So you FAIL

Then you go on to say my name is weak, Wrong you FAIL again cause you dont know what I drive or have.

Then you go on to say and proceed to lecture me that a neon is only a 15sec 1320 car=you FAIL once again.

SRT's dont run 15secs and neither does a base model N/A= YOU FAIL

13.7 is not fast=Fail

So far you fail.

I dunno if you forgot but when you come on a racing website and say you like to look at your car and hang out and not race and you have outgrown it what do you think others will think.

I think that you are going to sit next to your car if you even buy it and make sure its shiny and then complain about how much gas is this summer.

You are talking about stock car times and referring to my name that you have no idea whats behind it. But I can tell and know what your about cause you described it in your first post.

And a car that only has the grunt of only 1.8l that can roll with cars of three times its displacement is how I roll deep so bring it.

Not trying to feed you to much here but you just do not seem to want to go away... it was you among others who felt the need to flame me for no other reason than the fact that you do not like hondas nor do you like people who are not hell bent on modding. I can see why they call this the oven!

I owned a s2000 with many mods and now no longer own it. I am looking to buy a M3 and put a few bolt ons nothing serious. My idea of fast is not the same as yours. But so you can understand me better since your head does not seemed to be wired like a normal person.... I would like to buy a M3 which is very slow and add some bolt ons to it so that it will be just kinda of slow.

Down the road I would like to get back into a rx7 or a s2000 and mod the hell out of it. It will still be extremly slow or maybe if I am lucky just slow when I am done modding it. You will be able to beat it going in reverse at half throttle.

However... in this point of my life both my age and the lack of cash flow I will not be building a "slow" race car anytime in the near future.

If this makes me not fit for your community here than I will kindly stop posting. I have friends on here and was told this was a good board and I thought I would be welcome.

What I have found from you among others is the hope for only one thing for new members....failure. To you this might be fun or maybe it makes you feel better about your life. Maybe its a big test to see how long one can go for before they get really pissed.

To me its kind of sad. People like you give this place a black eye and take out the community feel from the board. I like the idea of having to wait before posting and meeting new people but when you are subjected to assholes who trash talk before even welcoming you it can get a little out of hand. In fact I am not even sure what I am here for anymore.

I understand that the mods do not want spammers and trolls on this board but lighten up a bit man. I am sure there are plenty of guys with 11 second cars on here you might be one of them for all I know but try and keep your shitty comments to yourself. You may not be impressed by a supercharged s2000 or a fd rx7 or a z32tt but that does not mean you have to be a dick about it. A lot of guys grow up dreaming about these kind of cars and with enough money you can build them into monsters. It might not not be your cup of tea but who are you to tell me that its slow?

As for your name... its still stupid.

I respect only one type of neon and thats a SRT... all other neons are pretty much slow in my book which would translate to super omega slow which is really just going in reverse.

If your car or cars are so fast why not be the 911Killer.... wait that ones sounds really policaly incorrect.... how about the z06Killer or F430Killer??? Or are those cars just to slow??? Or maybe you could be MclarenKiller and everyone on the board will suck your dick because you are so damn fast.

Stop being a jerk and I will try and make my new car somewhat not slow.... ok?

As for your name... its still stupid.

I respect only one type of neon and thats a SRT... all other neons are pretty much slow in my book which would translate to super omega slow which is really just going in reverse.

If your car or cars are so fast why not be the 911Killer.... wait that ones sounds really policaly incorrect.... how about the z06Killer or F430Killer??? Or are those cars just to slow??? Or maybe you could be MclarenKiller and everyone on the board will suck your dick because you are so damn fast.

You pointed the fact out why I have a problem:

Wow what a great respect for cars, You go by the badging.

IDIOT.

Like I said here ya go www.ohiocustoms.com

You pointed the fact out why I have a problem:

Wow what a great respect for cars, You go by the badging.

IDIOT.

Like I said here ya go www.ohiocustoms.com

How much money do you have to pour into a neon to make it compete?

How much money do you have to pour into a s2000 to make it compete?

Who is the idiot?

I rest my case.

it was you among others who felt the need to flame me for no other reason than the fact that you do not like hondas nor do you like people who are not hell bent on modding.

Please stop your hah--why-ning. Its unbecoming of a CR pledge.

I owned a s2000 with many mods and now no longer own it. I am looking to buy a M3 and put a few bolt ons nothing serious.

I owned a chia-pet once, I would like to one day get a chia-head with a couple of different seedpacks.

Down the road I would like to get back into a rx7 or a s2000 and mod the hell out of it.

Which is it ? M3 or another s2K, make up your mind maaaaaaan !

However... in this point of my life both my age and the lack of cash flow I will not be building a "slow" race car anytime in the near future.

Ha !!! You're poor !

If this makes me not fit for your community here than I will kindly stop posting. I have friends on here and was told this was a good board and I thought I would be welcome.

Stop being so EMO about it, we may not want to suck your dick right off the bat, seeing only cars you "owned at one time" or "want to own in teh futurez" but you have green rep right now (wink wink) so don't go fucking it up.

What I have found from you among others is the hope for only one thing for new members....failure.

When I intro'ed here everyone made fun of my "wicked drifting sideways 300zx" signature, I frowned and secretly hated everyone here.

SECRETLY ...

To me its kind of sad. People like you give this place a black eye and take out the community feel from the board.

CR is teh uglies to everyone ... OH NOES !!! Seriously, CR can be a fun place, just let it slide man ... just let it slide ... ride the bull, go to the happy place. Or go build a nice m3 and outhandle half the cars on here.

I think an SRT-4 can be bought for thousands less then an s2k and made faster with... Wait no it's faster stock.

The guy does not understand anything, He Fails.

fuck you can pick up a SRT for 5-8k and smoke the shit outta a S2000 on a 1320 or road course.