Dont Speed

SPLN SUX

Sucks to be you.....

My 2nd ticket was for 104 in a 55.

I was 17.

Charged with 6pt reckless op. Plead down to 2pt speed. Paid $179. No lawyer.

I think i had 7 priors... all from 74mph up to 88mph... all in 65 zones. Worst part was, I happen to get nailed by a SHP and not a COC, so the case was "The State of Ohio vs. Nicholas Schall"

The judges question to me was, "What is it that I have to do, to get you to understand that you cant speed?"

that was through state farm, right after i turned 18. i now have eire, they give a discount at 24 instead of 25.

You didn't wait long enough, state farm started spreading out the 25 yr old discount from 22-25 :)

I'm pretty sure most of this forum has a ticket sheet similar to that...

I've been fucked far harder by State Farm than that.

Car gets stolen, after two or three months of arguing back and forth what the car was worth, finally got an offer for something close to what I thought it was worth. Still less than I wanted, but at this point, the extra few grand wasn't worth it to me.

In those few months I had missed chances to buy quite a few cars at a good price that really had my interest. I missed buying one from Akron by all of a week.

A deal was worked out that I would pick up a car from Alabama, the guy was driving to Nashville that weekend anyway so he said he'd just bring the car on a trailer and we could meet half way. This sounded ideal, so I called State Farm to verify they weren't going to increase my rates when I picked up the new car. Being informed they wouldn't, I went and picked the car up.

Two weeks later I'm dropped due to being "high risk", my speeding ticket situation hadn't changed in over six months, yet they claim it was due to that.

At the time I was driving a beater 1G DSM because I was tired of worrying about leaving my car somewhere (which didn't work, some clown still stole a busted ass head unit out of that car, awesome). I had $1,200 total in this car. When I was dropped as high risk I called another insurance company (I don't remember which off hand, I called quite a few) they wanted $450/m for LIABILITY. In three months I would have more money in the car in insurance money than I did total cash to own it.

In the end I got to pay high risk insurance for 2+ years due to someone stealing my car.

/rant

Sucks to be you.....

My 2nd ticket was for 104 in a 55.

I was 17.

Charged with 6pt reckless op. Plead down to 2pt speed. Paid $179. No lawyer.

Holy hell, how did you talk them down to that? I got pulled over for drag racing when i was 17...long story but I wasn't, the cops didn't have any speeds or anything. I only got that down to 4pt reckless op. That was my first ticket.

Geico is the worst ever!! I have bever been pulled over for anything other than cops wanting to talk about my car. The only accident I have ever been in was when some girl rear ended my Envoy. Perfect pay history for 10 years.. One payment got lost in the mail and they raised my rates by almost $200 per month. When trying to get it back down they said I was high risk because of the lady hitting me :eek: Be careful out there people! I'm at a high risk of you hitting me.

3 wreckless ops (77 in a 35, doing donuts and 98 in a 55), only got charged for two, a failure to turn (rolling stop), Underage age consumption when driving (crashed the first f-body, 3 day clinic and remedial driving course ), 77 in a 65, 77 in a 65, 44 in a 35, 79 in a 65, underbody lights displayed, window tint, warning for spinning my tires on my birthday (ND2RACE was in the car), warning for 77 in a 65 (mom was in the car), warning that the officer was trying to run me down on Hamilton in Gahanna, jumped on 270 and was still pulling away from him at 80. I'm sure there are more that I can't remember since I'm drugged up at the moment (wisdom teeth).

Yes I know 77 is not a good number for me.

Me and my friend were just talking about if this has happened to anyone before.

I've been pulled over twice in one day, but was actually let go both times. I was on my way to work in the Camaro and pipe checked this guy standing beside the road, well he was a cop. I was leaving work that same day and did some doughnuts in the parking lot and CPD thought they'd better check it out.

I hate being young. I have one accident that only involved me in the wreck, a stop sign, and a red light. Cops were Ass Holes for my red light and stop sign tickets.(And the cop broke my glove box when searching my car) I pay 140 a month for liability+comprehensive.

Guest fist302
Why?

Because you realize how much it sucks to have your license suspended and pay a incredible premium on your insurance from that point on.

Give it a try you will understand.

120 on 70 East years ago. 90 Day suspension. 8 Hours of Defensive Driving. Sr22, insure all the vehicles I have for 384 every 6 months.

Oh yeah... Got pulled over for drag racing last year. Plead not guilty. Went to trial, denied their offer. Came back, same. Went back again, they offered me 10 hours community service and dismiss the case. Done deal.

Because you realize how much it sucks to have your license suspended and pay a incredible premium on your insurance from that point on.

Give it a try you will understand.

+1 It sucks mine is finally going down after my many speeding tickets. It was insane to insure my 99 Mercedes C230K with just liability a few years ago(over 1300 every 6 months.).

OHP is the toughest to deal with, I had several window tint tickets that I had received around in small municipalities and fought and had won them all in court, though they still got some of my money so in a way I didn't win. My last window tint ticket was from OHP and when I went to court i was in and out in 5 mins and had to pay the fine as well as court costs, judge didn't give a rats ass what I had to say.