Dont Speed

SPLN SUX

So in 2005 i got nabbed at 101mph on 270.

Result: 6mnth suspension, $1000 fine, defensive driving class required, prepaid 6mnths insurance upon renewing license (basically another fine), 1yr probation from any other tickets more than 10mph over the posted limit (180 days in jail).

Pre-judgment: $94/mnth full coverage through State Farm

Post-judgment:

(2006) $310/mnth full coverage through Progressive

(2007) $271/mnth

(2008) $247/mnth

(2009) $104/mnth

Finally, 4 yrs later, things have gotten back to normal.

So what did I learn here? Well, after it was all said and done, that 1 ticket cost me 6 months of inconvenience, a lawyer, and almost $10,000 in fees, fines, and costs of lawyer and extra money paid for high risk insurance.

Dont be a fucking retard... learn from my mistake.

I was ticketed for 96 in a 65 in gahanna, 88 dollar ticket. My rates never went up. i feel lucky.

Who is your insurer? I have Allstate and I think they have some policy where your rates won't increase if it's your first ticket. Unfortunately I went over that limit anyways :mad:.

Who is your insurer? I have Allstate and I think they have some policy where your rates won't increase if it's your first ticket. Unfortunately I went over that limit anyways :mad:.

that was through state farm, right after i turned 18. i now have eire, they give a discount at 24 instead of 25.

Jeep...I don't think it can speed. I have been pulled over before, but those were because the alternator in my rx7 was dying and so was the battery. Never a ticket, lucky. My dad said he would drop me from insurance if I got a ticket when I first got my license.

Jeep...I don't think it can speed. I have been pulled over before, but those were because the alternator in my rx7 was dying and so was the battery. Never a ticket, lucky. My dad said he would drop me from insurance if I got a ticket when I first got my license.

I have been pulled over twice in one day, twice. usually for something very stupid.

I got a warning once for going the speed of light in a 25...

yea right... knowing CPD... you get pulled over, and its like this...

"Sir can i see your hands please... sir your hands... sir... keep your hands out of your pockets... sir, your pockets, keep your hands out of your... "officer down." "

"Sir can i see your hands please... sir your hands... sir... keep your hands out of your pockets... sir, your pockets, keep your hands out of your... "officer down." "

Everytime Ive ever gotten pulled over i always turn on all the dome lights (map lights too), rolled down all the windows and kept my hands on the wheel while making eye contact and ive gotten out of more tickets than ive ever received. The one i couldnt get out of i "fought" and "won". I say "won" b/c i didnt really save any money in the end just saved it from hitting my insurance which i suppose saved me in the long run. havent had a ticket in three years.

No its actually more like this....

"Sir, I'm going to need to see your license and reg... umm... Why the fuck are you wearing a helmet??

I got 3 tickets in a 9 month period back in the 2000 time frame... my insurance raised to 611 a month.... it finally got back to a normal level a few years back.... now I set the cruise unless it's raining so I don't speed.

You guys are making me so glad I've never been caught going over 90, and even that required a court appearence. I've been clean for a year now, and hopefully I can keep stretching that out. This is the longest I've gone without a ticket ever. I got my first ticket the first time I took the car out by myself at 16.

Gotta watch out for the popos.. They will get ya ;)

I had a 111 in a 65 once myself.. didnt go over very well on a panel interview either.

You were practicing hot pursuit to prepare for your career :D

I have a 99 in a 65 along with three other speeding tickets. Fourteen speeding tickets over the last ten years. I pay $160/mo full coverage on three vehicles (Formula, GTP, Silverado w/ $250 deductible and $10k extra waiver on the Formula for parts.

They just don't like you, Nick :)

You were practicing hot pursuit to prepare for your career :D

I have a 99 in a 65 along with three other speeding tickets. Fourteen speeding tickets over the last ten years. I pay $160/mo full coverage on three vehicles (Formula, GTP, Silverado w/ $250 deductible and $10k extra waiver on the Formula for parts.

They just don't like you, Nick :)

You suck, my insurance is $300 a month on my Camaro, Impala, and that POS S10. Only liability on the S10. My wife's record is perfect. Fucking bullshit.

So in 2005 i got nabbed at 101mph on 270.

Result: 6mnth suspension, $1000 fine, defensive driving class required, prepaid 6mnths insurance upon renewing license (basically another fine), 1yr probation from any other tickets more than 10mph over the posted limit (180 days in jail).

Pre-judgment: $94/mnth full coverage through State Farm

Post-judgment:

(2006) $310/mnth full coverage through Progressive

(2007) $271/mnth

(2008) $247/mnth

(2009) $104/mnth

Finally, 4 yrs later, things have gotten back to normal.

So what did I learn here? Well, after it was all said and done, that 1 ticket cost me 6 months of inconvenience, a lawyer, and almost $10,000 in fees, fines, and costs of lawyer and extra money paid for high risk insurance.

Dont be a fucking retard... learn from my mistake.

Sucks to be you.....

My 2nd ticket was for 104 in a 55.

I was 17.

Charged with 6pt reckless op. Plead down to 2pt speed. Paid $179. No lawyer.