Help me think of a good way to annoy a beeotch. CR Legal team, check in.

SlowZ06

Okay, I'll try to make this as short as I can. My wife had an extremely minor fender bender about 5 months ago; less than $2000 damage to both vehicles combined, no injuries, etc. Anyway, per my instruction she pled not guilty to the ticket, so she could plead the ticket down to a 0 point violation. We apparently misplaced the notice of her court date, because she missed it.

About a month ago, I asked what ever happened about that ticket, and she said she had forgotten about it. There was a warrant for her arrest, so I went downtown, paid to have the warrant removed, and set a new court date.

Today was the new court date. The woman who was involved in the accident showed up in court with her witness, i.e. passenger. She proceeded to tell the judge and anyone else who would listen that my wife was a "deadbeat" because our insurance company had only paid 65% of her damages, and she planned to sue my wife to recover the money she believes she's owed.

The judge asked my wife to describe the circumstances behind the accident, to which she did.. in the process describing how neither of them saw each other and the other party was in her opinion, driving too fast. The woman interjected, and said that my wife had a "problem with telling the truth" and her witness could verify she was going less that 10 MPH. She went on to say that she had missed two days of work because my wife was irresponsible and missed her first court date; and planned to recover her lost wages also. The judge told her she isn't entitled to anything other than her $8 from the court.

My wife said nothing, and the judge imposed a $150 fine. I wasn't there for this, and my wife called me crying about how humiliating it was for this woman to call her a liar and a deadbeat in front of a judge and court full of people. I, of course understand that the people in the courtroom could care less; especially considering the more serious reasons most of them were there.

Now I'll get to my question. I know that statements made in a court of law are covered under absolute privilege, and exempt from being slanderous statements. Can we file suit even without a real legal basis? Don't get me wrong. It's not about money, and matter of fact... I'd sue for damages of $1 just to make her haul her fat ass down there for a judge to laugh us out of court.

I know it sounds really stupid, but people like this really make me angry. We had an accident for heaven's sake; and this lady wants to make a federal case out of it.

Guest Removed

well not in a legal way, but some people's could make her life hell.

ie: she wakes up and all her tires are flat.(not cutting the tires, but removing the valve cores)etc etc stuff like that

sign her phone number up to all kinds of telemarketing ads etc

you asked about annoying some beetch!

and im sure there are some legal ways to make her life hell, but i dont know those in's and out's.

Now I'll get to my question. I know that statements made in a court of law are covered under absolute privilege, and exempt from being slanderous statements. Can we file suit even without a real legal basis? Don't get me wrong. It's not about money, and matter of fact... I'd sue for damages of $1 just to make her haul her fat ass down there for a judge to laugh us out of court.

I know it sounds really stupid, but people like this really make me angry. We had an accident for heaven's sake; and this lady wants to make a federal case out of it.

You can sue for any reason, and at any time. You don't need a lawyer. You will have to pay court costs each time you file, and if you lose your case you may have to pay her legal fees.

bawwwww the big mean lady in court made me feel bad... :rolleyes:

umm... so the accident is over. Your wife had to pay 150 in the end and that was it correct?

move on with life. Small, insignifigant people like this dont deserve your time and effort.

exactly. build a bridge and get over it.

just remember, what goes around comes around. that lady will get whats coming to her. you dont want to get into shit with an idiot. you sink to their level and they beat you with experience.

bawwwww the big mean lady in court made me feel bad... :rolleyes:

exactly. build a bridge and get over it.

just remember, what goes around comes around. that lady will get whats coming to her. you dont want to get into shit with an idiot. you sink to their level and they beat you with experience.

This was my original thought. I just don't deal well with people belittling myself or others that I care about; especially without cause.

The lady has a right to be pissed anyway.

- Your wife was given the citation for the accident

- Your wife isn't responsible enough to make it to her court date.

- This lady had to take multiple days off work to deal with this in court. And is pissed because the insurance company was being cheap (at least in her opinion).

Let it go.