remove window tint adhesive

BIGGU

my sister got pulled over for window tint and we removed the tint on her window but now there is adhesive left behind that we cannot get off. we tried mineral spirits, paint thinner, goo gone.

any other ideas or tricks ?

thanks

I typically use Carquest Brand Heavy duty Glass Cleaner With ammonia. It comes in an aerosol can. The ammonia is what I have found is important. I use a razor blade on the side glass. Just spray it on let it set for a minute or two, then start scraping make sure the glass stays wet. Just be careful not to scratch the glass. On the back glass it just plain sucks, paper towel and glass cleaner with a lot of elbow grease and time.

ive got a stuff a buddy of mine gave me...its adhesive label remover. he worked for a porsche/audi/landrover dealership, and used it for removing all the tape and shit they put to protect the cars during transport. on my old car, there was a vinyl tape around the windows (over the paint...dumb), i tore it off, a shitload of residue, and when i put some of that on it, 3-4 wipes with a rag and it was gone. i dont know if i still have it, but if i do and you want to stop over and use some, im in blacklick. ill post once i get home and check for it

Pretty much covered. Ammonia, or ammonia based cleaner, and a razor blade. If you go to a tint shop, you may be able to buy a plastic razor blade which can be used on the rear windows without cutting the defrost lines.

For anyone looking to take tint off, spray the tint with ammonia, or a cleaner, and use the moisture to stick a black trash bag to the tint, park it in the sun for 15min, and the adhesive, or most of it should come off with the film as you pull it off.

lol that sucks she got busted... .. but windex original ad a blade are the norm...

idk how i havent gotten busted in my beater.... 2% all the way around and a double layered 10 inch sun strip or 5% tint on the front..