Alex L.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6'4.5" 300lbs

Bench:225x21 reps Max Around 3??- 4??

Squat:315 for Reps Max 4??

Honestly It doesnt matter how much you leg press or how much weight you do for anything for that matter unless your a dedicated power lifter.

I do everything for 8+ Reps maybe a 6 here or there and a lot of drop sets...

Just my .02...

• Confused 1

6'4.5" 300lbs

Bench:225x21 reps Max Around 3??- 4??

Squat:315 for Reps Max 4??

Honestly It doesnt matter how much you leg press or how much weight you do for anything for that matter unless your a dedicated power lifter.

I do everything for 8+ Reps maybe a 6 here or there and a lot of drop sets...

Just my .02...

why lift if you dont want to get strong? :confused:

drop sets don't really build muscle.

• Confused 1

why lift if you dont want to get strong? :confused:

drop sets don't really build muscle.

I want to get bigger lol

Not saying that i dont want to get stronger..But the more weight you push the harder it is on your body which you pay for later on down the road... I dont want to be a power lifter and I feel i move pretty good weight as it stands...

Drop sets do build muscle, you dont base your workout on them its supplemental to maybe the last set or two of one or two exercises. By breaking down the muscle that little extra it lead to greater hypertrophy. plus it adds great variations to your workout. super compensation causes the body to over repair in turn. When you push your body just pass the threshold of over training it will super compensate to adjust to the workload...That kind of explains why and how it works

This is based on building size rather then strength, A lot of your workout depends on your goal, lose weight, gain size, Gain Strength, Cant have it all...can get size with little strength...strength with little size...etc there are exceptions to the rules some people are freaks...

I want to get bigger lol

Not saying that i dont want to get stronger..But the more weight you push the harder it is on your body which you pay for later on down the road... I dont want to be a power lifter and I feel i move pretty good weight as it stands...

Drop sets do build muscle, you dont base your workout on them its supplemental to maybe the last set or two of one or two exercises. By breaking down the muscle that little extra it lead to greater hypertrophy. plus it adds great variations to your workout. super compensation causes the body to over repair in turn. When you push your body just pass the threshold of over training it will super compensate to adjust to the workload...That kind of explains why and how it works

This is based on building size rather then strength, A lot of your workout depends on your goal, lose weight, gain size, Gain Strength, Cant have it all...can get size with little strength...strength with little size...etc there are exceptions to the rules some people are freaks...

i dont believe that crap about paying down the road, i know to many people in there 50-60's lifting hard and are in the best shape of their life.

why get bigger if you don't get stronger, it defeats the purpose, and at 300lbs you should be able to push more weight then me but i understand you have a disadvantage by your height;)

you wouldnt want some "little" guy walking up to you and pushing you around because you just look big but arn't strong do ya. :p

I think we are on the same page... Its not that I do or do not want to get stronger..Just not that concerned about it...I have benched over 400 but after a shoulder injury i stopped. I forgot to mention i did the 225 x21 after not hitting chest from june to october because of an injured shoulder... I am not worried about people pushing me around haha go ahead. Its fact the body responds differently to training and if you train to get bigger you ll get stronger but at a slower rate then if you train to get stronger...By training to get stronger you ll put on size but at a slower rate...Not defeating the purpose different goals

But everyone is entitled to their opinion about the abuse it can put on your body...resistance training is very important throughout your whole life because of the rate at which your body has atrophy...Its when you take it into training towards bodybuilding or power lifting that can cause issues later on. Lifting hard and training for that it much different. I know many people who lift "hard" and are older and are in great shape like you said, however you have to look at those who powerlifted of did bb in their younger years....a lot have had back, hip, knee and shoulder surgeries haha

I give you props you push big weight for your size...But everything I do is raw and I will do heavy set hear and there but my workouts are not based Heavy as in 90% + of my 1RM

I no idea how much I can actually bench or press or squat, I just want to work out to the point that it looks like I can lift a lot of heavy weight easily.

Looking like you can bench 300 and only being able to bench 150 > being able to bench 300 but looking like you can only bench 150 :)

I commend you guys for keeping track of your stats, though.

6'2" 268

bench 400

squat 600 hurts my lower back

dl 595 for now

leg press 1400 or 1000 for sets of 10

total 2995 heavy or rep on legs 1995

i usually pull my back with 600 lbs hammer strenght back machine and 250 for lat

puldowns.

there is a powerlifting meet in feb im thinking of going

6'2" 268

bench 400

dl 595 for now

i usually pull my back with 600 lbs hammer strenght back machine and 250 for lat

puldowns.

what federation?

Funny, I never really planned on adding to one of these threads. I'm a small dude. I have no illusions of being the biggest or strongest ever, but better is still better right?

Current:

5'9 - 160

_Bench 160x7-9, Max ??? (haven't tried in a long time since I lift alone and in my basement... might get on that tomorrow for fun)

_Don't dead lift (yet)

_Don't work legs with weights; spend time on the bike for that (10 miles / Day x5/week in Spring/Summer/Fall)

_Pullups x25 (3)

_Pushups x 50 (3)

Goals:

170 lbs

Bench 200x5 / Max 250x1 (maybe more?)

6'2" 268

bench 400

dl 595 for now

puldowns.

WOW:eek: