Should I buy a Raptor 660?

kenny

I must add that I've never flipped mine, or felt that it was top heavy/scary around hard corners.

Mind you I am 6'3", 210lbs, so I have enough mass to move around on it. I also grew up riding a Yamaha 3-wheeler (early 80's 200cc shaft driven deal w/ the auto-clutch tranny).

And avoid 01 Raptors.

I would stay away from a raptor 660. the early ones have bad transmission issues and they are all top heavy. definitely not 450r or fail. those are slow and kickstarting is gay unless you have the new 450r. I would go raptor 700 if you plan on doing trails only or the z400 because it will be a little cheaper

I would stay away from a raptor 660. the early ones have bad transmission issues and they are all top heavy. definitely not 450r or fail. those are slow and kickstarting is gay unless you have the new 450r. I would go raptor 700 if you plan on doing trails only or the z400 because it will be a little cheaper

honda 450r electric start

put a HRC kit in it and have fun all day

the new ones yes are electric start but that is a recent change and I don't think he wants to buy a new one if he is looking at a 660 raptor. why bother with the hrc kit when the yamaha and suzuki will be faster stock than with the hrc kit. the honda will be the most reliable though

There is no way I would get one unless you steal it. I bought a 400 arctic cat(ltz400 basically) have exhaust, box, k/n, jetted, and down 1 tooth, my buddy bought a 660 with big carb, exhaust, geared, lowered, intake and I beat him easily by a few quads. I would look for a good 400 for trails, it has reverse which you'll need for trails and to make it easy. 700s are nice but expensive, a 450 is nice if you mainly go to a track, our one friend has one and has to get off constantly and push it. A 400 with some mods and you'll be ebating 450s if thats what your worried about, 660s are top heavy and heavy period.

It really depends on how you ride. When I shopped around for my quad I couldn't decide between a sport quad or a 4x4. I love to do both so I purchased a sport 4x4 : Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4.

Pros: goes almost anywhere, great suspension, no racks.

Cons: not the fastest quad tops out at about 55,

If I were buying one again I would have purchased the CanAm Renegade. My buddy has one and it is just sick.

Just a thought to consider

There is no way I would get one unless you steal it. I bought a 400 arctic cat(ltz400 basically) have exhaust, box, k/n, jetted, and down 1 tooth, my buddy bought a 660 with big carb, exhaust, geared, lowered, intake and I beat him easily by a few quads. I would look for a good 400 for trails, it has reverse which you'll need for trails and to make it easy. 700s are nice but expensive, a 450 is nice if you mainly go to a track, our one friend has one and has to get off constantly and push it. A 400 with some mods and you'll be ebating 450s if thats what your worried about, 660s are top heavy and heavy period.

then your friend is a horrible rider

Not really we even went out on pavement and did digs and rolls to eliminate rider skill and I would beat him either way unless I spun too much. 400 quads are no slouch especially when you wake them up some, no matter what don't get one without reverse unless your going pro.